Steam for Macs is out and Portal is free!

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Jut for the people who did not see this:
Steam has been rolled out for Macs about an 1 hour ago and too celebrate VALVe is giving Portal to all it's users (Mac or PC). So get out there and start thinking with p0rtals!

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

"error" Portal failed to start because your hardware is too shoddy, you must have at least 64Mbyte Gfx memory and a platform capable of running 3D. Update to the new "powerMac" today - only 5000,- USD and experience Portal at 25fps!

Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Some featured Mac games:

Bookworm Delux
Bejeweled 2
Altitude

Lawl. This is the kind of amazing games you can now play for the Mac...............I've seen better looking games running for free off flash.

First off, get this Mac crap off my steam, I don't want to see another gay apple logo. Second, stop wasting my bandwidth. Third, enjoy trying to play portal on your Mac computer, I'm going to bet the FPS will be so low it will look more like you're watching a slideshow.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I agree Macs suck but it's a nice move by VALVe. Also funny to note that my old 3 year old refurbished PC with a single core and integrated graphics can play Portal. Even if it's available for Macs it will be very limited.

Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
The only possibly good thing that can come out of this is that maybe people will start writing better viruses for Macs.

That is the ONLY plus.