Best Reliability, Stability & Performance?

DuckTape

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
Hello folks!

Can someone help me with the big picture here?

Regarding chipsets and motherboards which have been released in the last year (or maybe even in the last two years)...

What type/model/brand of chipset and motherboard has the best RELIABILITY (least amount of problems including least amount of memory problems), the best STABILITY, and the best PERFORMANCE ("throughput speed" or whatever you call that")? (RELIABILITY and STABILITY being the most important to me)

Regarding these factors, what are today's top 3 to 5 chipsets and motherboards?

I'm very interested in hearing your general impressions on this based on various sources of information including: other people's experiences (including those posted to message boards), reviews by computer-related websites (Tom's Hardware, Anand Tech, ExtremeTech, etc.), what you have learned from technicians who are always building and servicing computers, (maybe you are such a technician), and of course your own experiences, etc., etc., etc.

So, any "filtering down" (generalizing and summarizing impressions of the big picture) of any of these types of information (or of other types of information, for that matter) is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
DuckTape

P.S. If you include in your list any chipsets/motherboards that might be specific for the Pentium 4 Extreme Edition and/or Athlon 64 FX CPUs, please also include ones in your list that are for CPU's that are a notch down in price. Thanks again!

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
are you some kind of research company? or are you starting yer own website? why are you asking such questions here? don't ya have anyting uzfool to do?

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The absolute "Cream of the Crop" are all PC Chips motherboards with Via Chipsets. I don't care if it's an AXP, a P4, or an A64 these boards work like NO OTHERS!

Abit IS7 - 2.8C @ 3.4 - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - THAT'S MORE LIKE IT, MSI!

Linxor

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004
Read this:

<A HREF="http://www.linxor.org/stuff/mobo_review.htm" target="_new">http://www.linxor.org/stuff/mobo_review.htm</A>

----

~ Digital Cowboy Extraordinaire ~

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
That's cruel.

If the poor man goes and builds a system with one of those, will you even be able to sleep at night?

---
Epox 8RDA+ V1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
XP1700+ @200x10 (~2Ghz), 1.4 Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL 2-2-2-4
Sapphire 9800Pro @412/740

TRENDING THREADS