GTA4 and Dirt 2 ...

:hello: Hello all im from slovakia , so iam sorry for my bad english .
I have a pc with
Graphic card : HD4870x2 Asus 2GB 3600mhz , 750
Ram : 4gb corSAIR
Windows 7 64BIT
ASUS p6t deluxe
Enermax 625w / its ok .
drivers : Ati catalyst 10.4
Core I7 920 2.67ghz

My problem is when i want to play gta 4 or dirt 2 or i have very low perfomance in GTA 4 , dont know what have i to do to get the perfomace up because it lags and fps is 25 on medium settings / 30 wiew distance and 30 ....
I have the newest patch on GTA 4.
IF you can help me how can i get more perfomance pls answer .
This problem i have in metro 2033 too on high settings so pls help me :(
:bounce: :hello:
6 answers Last reply
More about gta4 dirt
  1. What is the resolution of your monitor?
  2. 1680x1050
  3. Well then ideally, you should get high frame rates for any game.
    Your problem might be multi-fold & I'll try to help with everything.

[1] With regards to the hardware part, first of all, make sure that you've installed the 4870X2 in the correct PCI-e X16 slot. The ASUS P6T has 3 PCI-e X16 slots, arranged in X16 X16 X4. Make sure you've installed the card in either of the first 2 slots. Go through your motherboard manual to see in which slot they've recommended installing the graphic card, & then make sure that it is installed there only.

[2] Reinstall the 10.4 catalyst drivers again, after completely removing the pre-existing ones on the system.

[3] The 4870X2 is known to run hot & the stock cooler is just about enough to cool it. Make sure there are no trailing cables near the card, or anything which might obstruct airflow to/from the card.

Do all of this & then get back to us.
  4. ALL IS OK the idle of the card is 45c and hot ( i dont know but cooler is quiet because my previous card hd4870x2 overheat so i get new with new cooler but the problem in games dont go away :( .
    Reinstall catalyst - no Way
    Support gta4 Crossfire?
    or Core i7 2.67ghz good for my card? in gta 4 i mean
  5. I too would think it is the in installation of the video card
    Did you check the installation according to your manual?
  6. swell9 said:
    I too would think it is the in installation of the video card
    Did you check the installation according to your manual?

INstalation is ok , its in the good slot so i think the problem isnt here :(
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Graphics Cards Video Games