*beats battlenet into submission*

I have played maybe an hour today, coming inside to take breaks from
the heat and did brief MF runs.

The most useful find was a four socket berserker axe. Berserkers
NEVER drop for me. This is the first one of any type I have seen
since 1.11 came out. So I was happy since I thought if nothing else
it might be fun to try Oath in or something..

But on the last run I saw a pretty gold armor. A gold sacred armor.
Could it be... *runs towards it, stops moving*

Um...

*connection interrupted*

It was probably Templar's, but even that never dropped for me last
ladder. If I knew it was Tyreal's, I would probably have ate my LOD
CD. =)

On a totally unrelated note, has duping been going on in 1.11 yet? I
am starting to see quite a few high level runes offered (Sur, Cham,
Zod, etc) and I can't believe that very many have been found yet,
considering the rarity of Zod especially.

--

Weretable and the Undead Chairs

USWest - weretable

"weretable and the undead chairs" <happy@nightmare.time> wrote in message
>I have played maybe an hour today, coming inside to take breaks from
> the heat and did brief MF runs.
>
> The most useful find was a four socket berserker axe. Berserkers
> NEVER drop for me. This is the first one of any type I have seen
> since 1.11 came out. So I was happy since I thought if nothing else
> it might be fun to try Oath in or something..
>
> But on the last run I saw a pretty gold armor. A gold sacred armor.
> Could it be... *runs towards it, stops moving*

If you wasn't in the pits, the keep or the AT, it wasn't.

> Um...
>
> *connection interrupted*
>
> It was probably Templar's, but even that never dropped for me last
> ladder. If I knew it was Tyreal's, I would probably have ate my LOD
> CD. =)

I would have helped ya :)

> On a totally unrelated note, has duping been going on in 1.11 yet? I
> am starting to see quite a few high level runes offered (Sur, Cham,
> Zod, etc) and I can't believe that very many have been found yet,
> considering the rarity of Zod especially.

Oh yes, but beware, these are NOT permed dupes. The ONLY way you trade for
high end runes now and avoid either having then vanish on exit or get nailed
in a ruststorm is to get 2 of them at once and make sure you have the gem
required to upgrade it on the spot. Once you do that, it is safe.

Mickey - Even knows HOW to dupe them and has reported it already

Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> kirjoitti:

> "weretable and the undead chairs" <happy@nightmare.time> wrote in message
>> On a totally unrelated note, has duping been going on in 1.11 yet? I
>> am starting to see quite a few high level runes offered (Sur, Cham,
>> Zod, etc) and I can't believe that very many have been found yet,
>> considering the rarity of Zod especially.
>
> Oh yes, but beware, these are NOT permed dupes. The ONLY way you trade for

Yes and they have been there for a while. (These "connection
interrupts" might even be related to them, as the spambots are now
advertising something they call a "server crash dupe".)

> high end runes now and avoid either having then vanish on exit or get nailed
> in a ruststorm is to get 2 of them at once and make sure you have the gem
> required to upgrade it on the spot. Once you do that, it is safe.

The rumour on the various trade sites is that even this is not safe. A
lot of people believe that when cubing two runes into a higher one,
the item ID code of the new rune is not a new, randomly generated one
but instead a combination of the codes of the previous runes and a
tough rust storm would wipe them out too.

"Jaakko Raipala" <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi> wrote in message
> Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> kirjoitti:
>
>> "weretable and the undead chairs" <happy@nightmare.time> wrote in message
>>> On a totally unrelated note, has duping been going on in 1.11 yet? I
>>> am starting to see quite a few high level runes offered (Sur, Cham,
>>> Zod, etc) and I can't believe that very many have been found yet,
>>> considering the rarity of Zod especially.
>>
>> Oh yes, but beware, these are NOT permed dupes. The ONLY way you trade
>> for
>
> Yes and they have been there for a while. (These "connection
> interrupts" might even be related to them, as the spambots are now
> advertising something they call a "server crash dupe".)
>
>> high end runes now and avoid either having then vanish on exit or get
>> nailed
>> in a ruststorm is to get 2 of them at once and make sure you have the gem
>> required to upgrade it on the spot. Once you do that, it is safe.
>
> The rumour on the various trade sites is that even this is not safe. A
> lot of people believe that when cubing two runes into a higher one,
> the item ID code of the new rune is not a new, randomly generated one
> but instead a combination of the codes of the previous runes and a
> tough rust storm would wipe them out too.

I can't check this out, as the code we have is not the same as the code that
runs on bnet. This would require that they have doubled the size of the item
ID field. If this is truly the case, then the system can be beaten by cubing
up 2 levels.

Mickey - Build a better mousetrap, breed a smarter rat