Mickey & the Three Stooges

Last response: in Video Games
September 21, 2005 12:35:40 AM

So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key sets for a
perfect raven. As I have 2, one of which is and one of which is very close,
I made the deal, and eventually, after the usually BS, made my way to
UberTram. I went there equipped with 11 skeletons and 15 teddy bears. After
killing a lot of monsters with heretofore unseen collections of resists, I
found Baal. After some disagreement about the placesetting at the dinner
table, non-ctop casting of decrep and clay golems, and the loss of all the
snowmen, all but one of the skels, and 150,000 in merc res fees, he bit the
dust. I then when in search of Diablo, lured him to the spot I was fighting
from, and left to recruit a few meat slaves. 11 skeletons and 15 Urdars
later, I returned and we commenced the dancing. Doing my best impresonation
of Muhammed Ali, and 2 trips to reload minions and another 100,000, Diablo
too chewed grass. OK, now for the REAL test. Off I go to recruit again, down
to the Anciet Way, where I had predetermined (after 11 tries) that there
were a host of moon lords. Back to play tag with Mephy went our intredpid
necro. What ensued was beyond a doubt the most brutal combat I have ever
engaged in in LoD, even surpassing the time I decided to kill Hell Diablo
with a naked necro. I came at him 4 times with 11 skeletons and 22 Moon
Lords, and he was at 25% life, and I was out of frenzytaurs. So I went to
the Frozen river real quick and collected 22 snowmen, and ran back. They
died, and he was at 1/8 life, I ran back and got 15 more (all that was left)
and this time, instead of decrep, I hit him with AD, and as the last purple
pot went down Ye Olde Merc's throat, the big ugly checked out. It would seem
the gods of Diablo decided to mete out a tad of justice this time:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mickey

More about : mickey stooges

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 12:35:41 AM

HEY! I got an honorable mention as a late show!!!!

Gumby619

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key sets for
> a perfect raven. As I have 2, one of which is and one of which is very
> close, I made the deal, and eventually, after the usually BS, made my way
> to UberTram. I went there equipped with 11 skeletons and 15 teddy bears.
> After killing a lot of monsters with heretofore unseen collections of
> resists, I found Baal. After some disagreement about the placesetting at
> the dinner table, non-ctop casting of decrep and clay golems, and the loss
> of all the snowmen, all but one of the skels, and 150,000 in merc res
> fees, he bit the dust. I then when in search of Diablo, lured him to the
> spot I was fighting from, and left to recruit a few meat slaves. 11
> skeletons and 15 Urdars later, I returned and we commenced the dancing.
> Doing my best impresonation of Muhammed Ali, and 2 trips to reload minions
> and another 100,000, Diablo too chewed grass. OK, now for the REAL test.
> Off I go to recruit again, down to the Anciet Way, where I had
> predetermined (after 11 tries) that there were a host of moon lords. Back
> to play tag with Mephy went our intredpid necro. What ensued was beyond a
> doubt the most brutal combat I have ever engaged in in LoD, even
> surpassing the time I decided to kill Hell Diablo with a naked necro. I
> came at him 4 times with 11 skeletons and 22 Moon Lords, and he was at 25%
> life, and I was out of frenzytaurs. So I went to the Frozen river real
> quick and collected 22 snowmen, and ran back. They died, and he was at 1/8
> life, I ran back and got 15 more (all that was left) and this time,
> instead of decrep, I hit him with AD, and as the last purple pot went down
> Ye Olde Merc's throat, the big ugly checked out. It would seem the gods of
> Diablo decided to mete out a tad of justice this time:
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
>
> MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>
> Mickey

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 12:35:41 AM

Mickey wrote:
> So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key sets for a
> perfect raven. As I have 2, one of which is and one of which is very close,
> I made the deal, and eventually, after the usually BS, made my way to
> UberTram. I went there equipped with 11 skeletons and 15 teddy bears. After
> killing a lot of monsters with heretofore unseen collections of resists, I
> found Baal. After some disagreement about the placesetting at the dinner
> table, non-ctop casting of decrep and clay golems, and the loss of all the
> snowmen, all but one of the skels, and 150,000 in merc res fees, he bit the
> dust. I then when in search of Diablo, lured him to the spot I was fighting
> from, and left to recruit a few meat slaves. 11 skeletons and 15 Urdars
> later, I returned and we commenced the dancing. Doing my best impresonation
> of Muhammed Ali, and 2 trips to reload minions and another 100,000, Diablo
> too chewed grass. OK, now for the REAL test. Off I go to recruit again, down
> to the Anciet Way, where I had predetermined (after 11 tries) that there
> were a host of moon lords. Back to play tag with Mephy went our intredpid
> necro. What ensued was beyond a doubt the most brutal combat I have ever
> engaged in in LoD, even surpassing the time I decided to kill Hell Diablo
> with a naked necro. I came at him 4 times with 11 skeletons and 22 Moon
> Lords, and he was at 25% life, and I was out of frenzytaurs. So I went to
> the Frozen river real quick and collected 22 snowmen, and ran back. They
> died, and he was at 1/8 life, I ran back and got 15 more (all that was left)
> and this time, instead of decrep, I hit him with AD, and as the last purple
> pot went down Ye Olde Merc's throat, the big ugly checked out. It would seem
> the gods of Diablo decided to mete out a tad of justice this time:
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
>
> MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>
> Mickey
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 9:36:14 AM

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:35:40 -0400, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net>
wrote:

>So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key sets for a
>perfect raven. As I have 2, one of which is and one of which is very close,
>I made the deal, and eventually, after the usually BS, made my way to
>UberTram. I went there equipped with 11 skeletons and 15 teddy bears. After
>killing a lot of monsters with heretofore unseen collections of resists, I
>found Baal. After some disagreement about the placesetting at the dinner
>table, non-ctop casting of decrep and clay golems, and the loss of all the
>snowmen, all but one of the skels, and 150,000 in merc res fees, he bit the
>dust. I then when in search of Diablo, lured him to the spot I was fighting
>from, and left to recruit a few meat slaves. 11 skeletons and 15 Urdars
>later, I returned and we commenced the dancing. Doing my best impresonation
>of Muhammed Ali, and 2 trips to reload minions and another 100,000, Diablo
>too chewed grass. OK, now for the REAL test. Off I go to recruit again, down
>to the Anciet Way, where I had predetermined (after 11 tries) that there
>were a host of moon lords. Back to play tag with Mephy went our intredpid
>necro. What ensued was beyond a doubt the most brutal combat I have ever
>engaged in in LoD, even surpassing the time I decided to kill Hell Diablo
>with a naked necro. I came at him 4 times with 11 skeletons and 22 Moon
>Lords, and he was at 25% life, and I was out of frenzytaurs. So I went to
>the Frozen river real quick and collected 22 snowmen, and ran back. They
>died, and he was at 1/8 life, I ran back and got 15 more (all that was left)
>and this time, instead of decrep, I hit him with AD, and as the last purple
>pot went down Ye Olde Merc's throat, the big ugly checked out. It would seem
>the gods of Diablo decided to mete out a tad of justice this time:
>
>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
>
>MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>
>Mickey

Congrats! I'm envious as hell. Curious too... what armor, ammy, rings,
belt and boots does your necro wear?

Kevin
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 11:09:58 AM

"Kevin" <email@email.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:35:40 -0400, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key sets for
>>perfect raven. As I have 2, one of which is and one of which is very
>>close,
>>I made the deal, and eventually, after the usually BS, made my way to
>>UberTram. I went there equipped with 11 skeletons and 15 teddy bears.
>>After
>>killing a lot of monsters with heretofore unseen collections of resists, I
>>found Baal. After some disagreement about the placesetting at the dinner
>>table, non-ctop casting of decrep and clay golems, and the loss of all the
>>snowmen, all but one of the skels, and 150,000 in merc res fees, he bit
>>the
>>dust. I then when in search of Diablo, lured him to the spot I was
>>fighting
>>from, and left to recruit a few meat slaves. 11 skeletons and 15 Urdars
>>later, I returned and we commenced the dancing. Doing my best
>>impresonation
>>of Muhammed Ali, and 2 trips to reload minions and another 100,000, Diablo
>>too chewed grass. OK, now for the REAL test. Off I go to recruit again,
>>down
>>to the Anciet Way, where I had predetermined (after 11 tries) that there
>>were a host of moon lords. Back to play tag with Mephy went our intredpid
>>necro. What ensued was beyond a doubt the most brutal combat I have ever
>>engaged in in LoD, even surpassing the time I decided to kill Hell Diablo
>>with a naked necro. I came at him 4 times with 11 skeletons and 22 Moon
>>Lords, and he was at 25% life, and I was out of frenzytaurs. So I went to
>>the Frozen river real quick and collected 22 snowmen, and ran back. They
>>died, and he was at 1/8 life, I ran back and got 15 more (all that was
>>left)
>>and this time, instead of decrep, I hit him with AD, and as the last
>>purple
>>pot went down Ye Olde Merc's throat, the big ugly checked out. It would
>>seem
>>the gods of Diablo decided to mete out a tad of justice this time:
>>
>>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
>>
>>MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>Mickey
>>

> Congrats! I'm envious as hell. Curious too... what armor, ammy, rings,
> belt and boots does your necro wear?

Hat: Topazed Harlequin Crest
Armor: Topzaed Vipermagi
Glubs: Frosties
Boots: Marrowwalks
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh
Shield: Diamond Homunculus
Ammy: +1 skills 25%RA
Ring: +22%RA 86 mana, 28 life
Ring: 66 life, 24%FR 26%PR
Weapon: Spirit sword.

I have almost 2k life, 800+ Mana and maxed resists, and a 300 point bone
armor just in case.

Mickey
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 11:10:41 AM

Ashen Shugar wrote:
> I think it was "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> that wrote something
> like...
>
> >So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key sets for a
> >perfect raven.
> >
> >http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
> >
> >MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
> >
> >Mickey
> >

> Nicely done. Tristam obviously likes you more than it likes me. Just
> finished my 2nd run this ladder and I got another damn Druid torch.
> And it's not even very good stats even to make up for that. 13% res
> all, 17 stat points. Sure, it's still worth the 2 spaces for those
> resists, but couldn't it have been the other way around? 17% res all
> and 13 stats? And why oh why am I always get druid torches? That's 3
> our of 5 now!! I mean, I would have been happy with any of Pally,
> Sorc, Amazon or Necro, but no, it gives me a druid torch!
>
> Geh.

Well for me, it's all abotu the skills. I had maxed resists and my
stats are where they need to be. It has given me the option of removing
a few resist charms and replacing them with life charms instead, but
those +3 skills are the real selling point for a necro. Very few chars
have points in as many different skills as a necro does, so the +3 for
him translates into a lot more than it would on say my snowfliake, you
had only a few skills outside the cold branch, and not all of he cold
skills as it was.

Mickey
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 11:30:05 AM

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahooters.co.nz> wrote in message
> Mickey wrote:
>> So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key
>> sets for a perfect raven. As I have 2, one of which is and one of
>> which is very close, I made the deal, and eventually, after the
>> usually BS, made my way to UberTram. I went there equipped with 11
>> skeletons and 15 teddy bears. After killing a lot of monsters with
>> heretofore unseen collections of resists, I found Baal. After some
>> disagreement about the placesetting at the dinner table, non-ctop
>> casting of decrep and clay golems, and the loss of all the snowmen,
>> all but one of the skels, and 150,000 in merc res fees, he bit the
>> dust. I then when in search of Diablo, lured him to the spot I was
>> fighting from, and left to recruit a few meat slaves. 11 skeletons
>> and 15 Urdars later, I returned and we commenced the dancing. Doing
>> my best impresonation of Muhammed Ali, and 2 trips to reload minions
>> and another 100,000, Diablo too chewed grass. OK, now for the REAL
>> test. Off I go to recruit again, down to the Anciet Way, where I had
>> predetermined (after 11 tries) that there were a host of moon lords.
>> Back to play tag with Mephy went our intredpid necro. What ensued was
>> beyond a doubt the most brutal combat I have ever engaged in in LoD,
>> even surpassing the time I decided to kill Hell Diablo with a naked
>> necro. I came at him 4 times with 11 skeletons and 22 Moon Lords, and
>> he was at 25% life, and I was out of frenzytaurs. So I went to the
>> Frozen river real quick and collected 22 snowmen, and ran back. They
>> died, and he was at 1/8 life, I ran back and got 15 more (all that
>> was left) and this time, instead of decrep, I hit him with AD, and as
>> the last purple pot went down Ye Olde Merc's throat, the big ugly
>> checked out. It would seem the gods of Diablo decided to mete out a
>> tad of justice this time:
>> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
>>
>> MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>> Mickey
>
> Woot!!! Well done buddy, very well done.

Thanks :o )

Mickey
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 1:38:47 PM

"Jaakko Raipala" <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi> wrote in message
> Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> kirjoitti:
>
>> pot went down Ye Olde Merc's throat, the big ugly checked out. It would
>> seem
>> the gods of Diablo decided to mete out a tad of justice this time:
>>
>> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
>
> WARNING! Staring at the following screenshot is harmful to your health
> and can permanently turn you green!
>
> http://www.physics.helsinki.fi/~raipala/kuvat/Screensho...

Trade ya.

Mickey
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 3:50:40 PM

I think it was "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> that wrote something
like...

>So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key sets for a
>perfect raven.
>
>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
>
>MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>
>Mickey

Nicely done. Tristam obviously likes you more than it likes me. Just
finished my 2nd run this ladder and I got another damn Druid torch.
And it's not even very good stats even to make up for that. 13% res
all, 17 stat points. Sure, it's still worth the 2 spaces for those
resists, but couldn't it have been the other way around? 17% res all
and 13 stats? And why oh why am I always get druid torches? That's 3
our of 5 now!! I mean, I would have been happy with any of Pally,
Sorc, Amazon or Necro, but no, it gives me a druid torch!

Geh.

; )

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 4:05:29 PM

In article <1127262867.a775895bc2b3be35f396ef2a95dcd120@teranews>,
Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key sets for a

[Story shortened a bit, good read]

>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
>
>MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Congratulations!

Looking at the screenshot, it looks like you weren't use any real uber
gear? Squinting my eyes, I think I spot a Harlequin's Crest, Skin of the
Vipermagi, Spirit Sword, Homunculus, Frostburn, unknown boots.

Did you teleport on top of the ubers, and if so, what with?

22 Revives? So that means you put at least 15 hard points in Revive? Hmmm,
interesting, I might have to Pump revive a bit more, if I want to solo the
ubers with a Necro...

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 4:05:30 PM

"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
message news:b799d$43313069$82a1d3bf$26427@news2.tudelft.nl...
> In article <1127262867.a775895bc2b3be35f396ef2a95dcd120@teranews>,
> Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key sets for
>
> [Story shortened a bit, good read]
>
>>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
>>
>>MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Looking at the screenshot, it looks like you weren't use any real uber
> gear? Squinting my eyes, I think I spot a Harlequin's Crest, Skin of the
> Vipermagi, Spirit Sword, Homunculus, Frostburn, unknown boots.
>
> Did you teleport on top of the ubers, and if so, what with?
>
> 22 Revives? So that means you put at least 15 hard points in Revive? Hmmm,
> interesting, I might have to Pump revive a bit more, if I want to solo the
> ubers with a Necro...

Actually 12, as I have:

+2 from shako
+2 from Spirit sword
+2 from homunculus
+1 from Viper
+1 from ammy
+1 from belt
+1 from grand charm

That's +10.

Mickey
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 5:19:21 PM

Mickey wrote:
> So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key sets for a
> perfect raven. As I have 2, one of which is and one of which is very close,
> I made the deal, and eventually, after the usually BS, made my way to
> UberTram. I went there equipped with 11 skeletons and 15 teddy bears. After
> killing a lot of monsters with heretofore unseen collections of resists, I
> found Baal. After some disagreement about the placesetting at the dinner
> table, non-ctop casting of decrep and clay golems, and the loss of all the
> snowmen, all but one of the skels, and 150,000 in merc res fees, he bit the
> dust. I then when in search of Diablo, lured him to the spot I was fighting
> from, and left to recruit a few meat slaves. 11 skeletons and 15 Urdars
> later, I returned and we commenced the dancing. Doing my best impresonation
> of Muhammed Ali, and 2 trips to reload minions and another 100,000, Diablo
> too chewed grass. OK, now for the REAL test. Off I go to recruit again, down
> to the Anciet Way, where I had predetermined (after 11 tries) that there
> were a host of moon lords. Back to play tag with Mephy went our intredpid
> necro. What ensued was beyond a doubt the most brutal combat I have ever
> engaged in in LoD, even surpassing the time I decided to kill Hell Diablo
> with a naked necro. I came at him 4 times with 11 skeletons and 22 Moon
> Lords, and he was at 25% life, and I was out of frenzytaurs. So I went to
> the Frozen river real quick and collected 22 snowmen, and ran back. They
> died, and he was at 1/8 life, I ran back and got 15 more (all that was left)
> and this time, instead of decrep, I hit him with AD, and as the last purple
> pot went down Ye Olde Merc's throat, the big ugly checked out. It would seem
> the gods of Diablo decided to mete out a tad of justice this time:
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
>
> MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>
> Mickey

Alright Mick! This just goes to show that most definitely you are,...
you are the,....... you are THE MICK!!!

Way to go!

Orion
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 6:29:57 PM

Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

> So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key sets for a
> perfect raven. As I have 2, one of which is and one of which is very close,
> I made the deal, and eventually, after the usually BS, made my way to
> UberTram. I went there equipped with 11 skeletons and 15 teddy bears. After
> killing a lot of monsters with heretofore unseen collections of resists, I
> found Baal. After some disagreement about the placesetting at the dinner
> table, non-ctop casting of decrep and clay golems, and the loss of all the
> snowmen, all but one of the skels, and 150,000 in merc res fees, he bit the
> dust. I then when in search of Diablo, lured him to the spot I was fighting
> from, and left to recruit a few meat slaves. 11 skeletons and 15 Urdars
> later, I returned and we commenced the dancing. Doing my best impresonation
> of Muhammed Ali, and 2 trips to reload minions and another 100,000, Diablo
> too chewed grass. OK, now for the REAL test. Off I go to recruit again, down
> to the Anciet Way, where I had predetermined (after 11 tries) that there
> were a host of moon lords. Back to play tag with Mephy went our intredpid
> necro. What ensued was beyond a doubt the most brutal combat I have ever
> engaged in in LoD, even surpassing the time I decided to kill Hell Diablo
> with a naked necro. I came at him 4 times with 11 skeletons and 22 Moon
> Lords, and he was at 25% life, and I was out of frenzytaurs. So I went to
> the Frozen river real quick and collected 22 snowmen, and ran back. They
> died, and he was at 1/8 life, I ran back and got 15 more (all that was left)
> and this time, instead of decrep, I hit him with AD, and as the last purple
> pot went down Ye Olde Merc's throat, the big ugly checked out. It would seem
> the gods of Diablo decided to mete out a tad of justice this time:
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
>
> MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Great story and a pretty appropriate torch there. :-)

Congratulations!

Isn't it cool that the game can still challenge even the most
accomplished and experienced players after all this time?

Shari (Orchid)
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 6:29:58 PM

"Orchid" <poza@REMOVETHISHEREgol.com> wrote in message
> Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> So I am idling in the trade channel when someone offers the 3 key sets
>> for a
>> perfect raven. As I have 2, one of which is and one of which is very
>> close,
>> I made the deal, and eventually, after the usually BS, made my way to
>> UberTram. I went there equipped with 11 skeletons and 15 teddy bears.
>> After
>> killing a lot of monsters with heretofore unseen collections of resists,
>> found Baal. After some disagreement about the placesetting at the dinner
>> table, non-ctop casting of decrep and clay golems, and the loss of all
>> the
>> snowmen, all but one of the skels, and 150,000 in merc res fees, he bit
>> the
>> dust. I then when in search of Diablo, lured him to the spot I was
>> fighting
>> from, and left to recruit a few meat slaves. 11 skeletons and 15 Urdars
>> later, I returned and we commenced the dancing. Doing my best
>> impresonation
>> of Muhammed Ali, and 2 trips to reload minions and another 100,000,
>> Diablo
>> too chewed grass. OK, now for the REAL test. Off I go to recruit again,
>> down
>> to the Anciet Way, where I had predetermined (after 11 tries) that there
>> were a host of moon lords. Back to play tag with Mephy went our intredpid
>> necro. What ensued was beyond a doubt the most brutal combat I have ever
>> engaged in in LoD, even surpassing the time I decided to kill Hell Diablo
>> with a naked necro. I came at him 4 times with 11 skeletons and 22 Moon
>> Lords, and he was at 25% life, and I was out of frenzytaurs. So I went to
>> the Frozen river real quick and collected 22 snowmen, and ran back. They
>> died, and he was at 1/8 life, I ran back and got 15 more (all that was
>> left)
>> and this time, instead of decrep, I hit him with AD, and as the last
>> purple
>> pot went down Ye Olde Merc's throat, the big ugly checked out. It would
>> seem
>> the gods of Diablo decided to mete out a tad of justice this time:
>>
>> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG
>>
>> MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>
> Great story and a pretty appropriate torch there. :-)
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Isn't it cool that the game can still challenge even the most
> accomplished and experienced players after all this time?

Heck, all this walking through the keep has presented some new challenges,
like when you get pygmies all over and souls at the same time.

I will say this, it was one monumental battle, lasting over 45 minutes. I
was really exhausted after it. I haven't felt that kind of rush since the
days of D1 hunting soul burners with a mage.

Mickey
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 8:18:52 PM

In article <1127301196.c48f935b3e2316c7c75f6f967b30ce06@teranews>,
Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
>message news:b799d$43313069$82a1d3bf$26427@news2.tudelft.nl...

>> Looking at the screenshot, it looks like you weren't use any real uber
>> gear? Squinting my eyes, I think I spot a Harlequin's Crest, Skin of the
>> Vipermagi, Spirit Sword, Homunculus, Frostburn, unknown boots.
>>
>> Did you teleport on top of the ubers, and if so, what with?

Do you have teleport on the ammy, or on weapon switch? The latter option
would be rather nasty: instant crumbling skeletons and revives, and a
short period in which your resists go down...?

>Actually 12, as I have:
>
>+2 from shako
>+2 from Spirit sword
>+2 from homunculus
>+1 from Viper
>+1 from ammy
>+1 from belt
>+1 from grand charm
>
>That's +10.

Nice, good to know it's doable, albeit with a lot of patience (and perhaps
some luck was involved too? :) .

Did the revives do the trick, according to your insight? Are the
snow-dudes you mentioned the ones which also have CB 'built-in'? Which of
the revives you used had the most effect on the uebers according to your
observatiobs? Did the merc get hits in, did he have any CB and/or what was
his equipment?

Soo many questions! :)

Patrick.
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 9:21:59 PM

> I will say this, it was one monumental battle, lasting over 45
> minutes. I was really exhausted after it. I haven't felt that kind of
> rush since the days of D1 hunting soul burners with a mage.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now you're talking serious fun, old friend.

Congrats on the torch.

Mark.

--
While I'll admit that anyone can make a mistake once, to go on making
the same lethal errors century after century seems to me nothing short

On that special day, Mickey, (mickeyb@comcast.net) said...

> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/tr.JPG

Impressive... simply impressive.

Gabriele Neukam