Sign in with
Your question

Cant delete games!

Last response: in Video Games
May 15, 2010 10:50:42 AM

Hi everyone. Well some time ago i was checking the games i had installed and i deleted some of the ones i didn't play anymore. So now its passed like 3 months and i wanted to install them again, but everytime i inserted the CD, the installation stopped and there was a message that said that the game wasn't uninstalled. So i tried absolutely everything to uninstall them, but nothing seemed to work, it keep saying the game was still there. I also tried deleting them from the control panel but the names dont figure. And all the programs i tried didn't help either. I started researching a bit and it said that i had to delete them from the registry, but i have no idea how to do that. Thanks people for the support, i really need some help on this one.

More about : delete games

May 15, 2010 11:50:24 AM

Had the same problem with programs
Install a program called "Total Uninstall" It removes all the files related to the particular program/game from registery :D  Hope this helps ;) 
m
l
May 16, 2010 6:55:41 AM

hey baladya, i tried the program you recommended me but the games i cant uninstall dont appear on the program. The only ones that appear are the ones on the control panel.
m
l
Related resources
May 16, 2010 10:19:27 PM

The games have probably left some lines in your registry.

Download CCCleaner and do a registry cleanup (DO A BACKUP IF YOU HAVE IMPORTANT STUFF ON YOUR MACHINE).

It should delete broken registry strings and ghostfiles.
m
l
May 17, 2010 2:02:50 AM

Chris Cornell........ what do you think of your SSD ?
m
l
May 17, 2010 2:05:47 AM

To the OP.... open up Windows Explorer and delete all the game files from there. Not as good as reg-editing but the installer might be seeing the games old folders.
m
l
!