Sign in with
Your question

Using 'Run' and making it run as admin?

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
May 15, 2010 1:48:41 PM

To play warcraft III i have to type C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\War3.exe -opengl into the run box and that way i can run. But to get bungie.net to play online i have to run the game as admin. But i can't run the game as admin by playing with it through the run console.

So what i was wandering is there a way i can create a shortcut with this 'C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\War3.exe -opengl' and then rightclick it and click run as admin?

I've tried creating a shortcut with it already but it says it cannot find the file location when i have the '-opengl' at the end. But without that the gamer won't run.

So my final question, can i run a game as admin using the run console? If not can i create a shortcut for for the 'C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\War3.exe -opengl' and run that as admin?

I have small computer understanding but any help will be appreciated.

More about : run making run admin

May 15, 2010 6:10:53 PM

I think you would create a a normal shortcut for the game and then right click > properties.

Click on the shortcut tab, hit advanced, and then their should be a check box for run as administrator.

Let me know how it works.
Anonymous
May 15, 2010 10:55:38 PM

Well i know what you mean. But the game shortcut hasn't got '-opengl' at the end and the game only works when i have this on the end of the location. I cannot seem to find a way of making a shortcut for the game with opengl on
Related resources
May 16, 2010 10:24:03 AM

Make the shortcut to desktop normally, then right click -> properties -> shortcut tab
Then find the Target box, it'll give the target in the same manner you put in your run command, just add in your "-opengl" at the end of it and it should open it the way you want. Then as swell9 said, just tick the check box for "run as administrator".
May 16, 2010 6:55:15 PM

Yeah.. try what 2 billion penguins suggested..
That's what i meant.. You can always add the extra parameters such as "-opengl"
Anonymous
May 16, 2010 7:41:34 PM

As soon as i put the -opengl on the end i get a error message saying:

The name '"C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\War3.exe"-opengl' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

!