Fallen

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
Alright, first here are the vitals of the system in question:

A7N8X Deluxe
AMD 2100+ Palomino
2 x 256 Mushkin Lvl II PC3200
GF4 Ti4200

This isn't my computer, just one that I helped set up for a friend. Anyway, it doesn't seem to want to hold CPU information. During POST it is reported as an XP1500 / 100FSB. I can change it to 2100 all I want, but it always goes back, unless I press the reset button after it is already running. Also, from a clean installation of Windows XP it refuses to shut down. It will go through all of the shutdown procedures, but will never actually shut down. Anyway, I am a little stumped. The computer works fine apart from that, and has done so for over a year. Anyone have any ideas?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Does it also loose the time setting on the clock? I think you might have a bad battery.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Fallen

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
No, it holds the time and all of the other BIOS settings. I can try a battery just in case though. Also, I do have the newest BIOS.