Your question

CS 1.6 Problem

Last response: in Video Games
May 16, 2010 9:41:05 AM

Alright here i go......

XFX 8600GT 512mb
E6850 3.0Ghz C2D
2gb Ram

While playing cs i get random skips for what seems like a split second if that its annoying to have them eventually the game will smooth out but only when i am using r_mmx 1. I am pretty good at figuring out problems in cs but this one has stumped me. I will also get random times where i get serious fps where it is very difficult to move.

also during the random skips it only goes from 99fps -> 100fps but i see that normally while playing.

could this be a hardware problem or something to do with my game files being corrupt.... because it does not happen in any other game I play.

More about : problem

May 17, 2010 9:43:20 PM

Is it maybe an online issue? Do you still get random skips when playing on a map with only bots? If you do then I don't know. Maybe try running it in a window, I know that worked for a friend of mine who had CS smoothness issues.
m
l
May 18, 2010 6:08:47 AM

yes it happens online as well as in a lan server. i refuse to play in window mode D: thank you though for the suggestion.

also my monitor is flickering off and on could this be linked?
m
l
Related resources
May 18, 2010 9:46:01 PM

not sure about the monitor flickering, although don't rule it out. Playing in a window isnt too bad, you can still set the resolution super high so its basically full screen but has the window bar up top :p 
m
l
May 19, 2010 3:46:55 AM

i play 8x6 @ 120hz which i find amazing and have been using it ever since i got this crt monitor(Viewsonic A91f+) and i wouldnt want to change to windowed mode.

ALSO, looking for someone to help me troubleshoot my problems if possible ive asked a couple of people and i am aobut to take it up to pc werks where LethalGamers is held and get larry to help me out :D  if i cant fix it in the next week or so D: been glitchy for the past 3-6weeks
m
l
May 23, 2010 10:43:46 AM

if 8x6 you mean 800x600, thats actually kinda low. its not a taxing game, try run it in 1280x1024 (optional windowed mode)...you know u want to ;) 
m
l
May 23, 2010 11:40:08 AM

In fact, since the viewsonic is 1024x768 optimal resolution at 80Hz, the flickering might be caused by the monitor. try changing the resolution and hz around a bit, that might be wat causes cs to flicker.
m
l
!