best 480 watt+ PSU and case?

Phrozt

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
not really sure wehre to post this.. but I figured that the mobo place was the best... I'm looking to get a PSU and case for a new comp.. wanted to get a 480 watt for possible use of the gf 6800. What would you recommend as a good PSU/case setup?? Looking for (in this order) reliability, prettiness, quiteness.

BeZ

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Thermaltake purepower 480 watt butterfly
and a chenming aluminum dragon series case
both look good and work well
what more

<A HREF="http://www.[-peep-]/page.php?x=1137060" target="_new"> BeZ's SeXy Link </A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Steel cases are your best bet for quietness (well, some heavy plastic cases are better still, but that's nothing you'd want). That is to say, HEAVY steel cases. Thick material dampens noise better. Weighty material has a lower resonant frequency.

You should read my Thermaltake XaserV 7000A review at Sysopt. And consider your options in the 1.0mm steel cases.

As for power supply, I'd recommend the Fortron Source/Sparkle Power FSP-530 units.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>