Can I run Just Cause 2?

How will Just Cause 2 run my rig?

• 1280x1024 all high, the game will love ur rig!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less res and med

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Low res like 1024x768 or sumthing, med

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Low res like 1024x768 or sumthing(or lower),low details

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
Can I run Just Cause 2 with my rig? My rig's probably in my sig, and also I hav upgraded to Windows 7 not too long ago.

Wat res? Wat setting? How is it optimized compared to Crysis?

I need to atleast play dis game for like 1280x1024, No need for AA or AF

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
awe crap, sig image won't work for some reason. Here's my rig:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5400 2.7 GHz
PALIT 9800 GT 1GB Green Edition
2GB RAM
Intel DG31PR

isamuelson

Distinguished
Go to http://www.yougamers.com/ and have it check for you. It assesses your CPU, GPU and memory and will tell you whether you can run it or not. It's really accurate.

isamuelson

Distinguished

I don't know about canurunit.com, but this site (which is from Futuremark, makers of the 3dMark benchmark programs) has been accurate for me for every game I tested.

It assesses your CPU, GPU and memory and compares it against the minimum and recommended requirements.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
I don't know about canurunit.com, but this site (which is from Futuremark, makers of the 3dMark benchmark programs) has been accurate for me for every game I tested.

It assesses your CPU, GPU and memory and compares it against the minimum and recommended requirements.
But thats exactly what canurunit.com does.
I've had my PC scanned there and it says my PC passes for the game but I hav to set some settings and res down, but surely there is sumthing more accurate than the min and recommended requirements.

isamuelson

Distinguished

That's about the best you're going to get. They can only make an assessment as to what your machine is capable of based on your CPU, GPU and memory. After that, it will take some fiddling.

If they say you have to reduce the settings (including resolution), then that tells you that your hardware is not powerful enough to run at higher settings.

With the site I gave, it gives you a graph showing how your CPU, GPU and memory match up regarding the minimum and optimum settings.

Here is a sample screen shot showing what I'm talking about:

FireShotcapture022-YouGamers-S_T_A_.png

As you can see in this screen shot, the processor exceeds the minimum and recommend specs. However, the video card exceeds the minimum specs, but falls below the recommended specs. Therefore, the overall performance does not meet the recommended specs, but you can see it is close, so in this case, the user should be able to run near high quality settings.

It's just a best guess based on your hardware. You're just going to have to fiddle with the settings to see what you get.

I know with my machine, I have yet to see where I have to run at the min and this site has been accurate for everyone test. Pretty much every game I've tested states that I can run at high or very high settings but then, I also have a quad core overclocked to 3.61ghz as well as an overclocked HD5750 (which is not the most powerful card out there, but it gets the job done for the resolution I can run at: 1280x1024).