Godly Zon Helm? Or Just a LOL Trader?

I hop into a game, non-ladder mind you, the other morning where the
trader announces "GodlyZonHelm" as the name of the game.

So he shows this helm and it looks like nobody is buying it. I'm trying
to look at it but people keep cutting in line. Someone says "that is
awesome"

I ask these others "Better than a shako"?

Reply is "Oh yeah"

I ask the others what he wants but get no replies.

Just to throw an idiotic low price out I ask the group there if it's
worth more than a StormShield and of course from one of them I get a
"LOL ss noob". I say that I have seen people consider SS quite valuable
and tell him not to lol at me. Of course I was just testing the waters
and now had a better idea that the cost would be higher.

So I finally get to see it. Now mind you I dont know all the prices but
I heard that Shako = IST and remember this is non-ladder where some
items are more abundant, at least I think so.

So he shows the tiara to me +2 zon skills and +19 resist all and a few
others I didn't catch so I offer 2 ISTs considering that a Shako goes
for IST (from what I heard) and this thing had resists.

I get a LOL and the guy walks away. So I call out his name and he asks
what and I ask for a counter offer and he gives none.

So did this idiot just put the game up so he can show the helm and just
LOL at all the offers unless someone was foolish enough to offer him a
botd or something overly godly?

I mean I think 2 ISTs would have been a fair trade on that thing. Maybe
he could have haggled me for a little more considering that it would
have freed up my NL zon to wear a +3 jav ammy and get her LF up to
level 40.

Orion

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I hop into a game, non-ladder mind you, the other morning where the
> trader announces "GodlyZonHelm" as the name of the game.
>
> So he shows this helm and it looks like nobody is buying it. I'm trying
> to look at it but people keep cutting in line. Someone says "that is
> awesome"
>
> I ask these others "Better than a shako"?
>
> Reply is "Oh yeah"
>
> I ask the others what he wants but get no replies.
>
> Just to throw an idiotic low price out I ask the group there if it's
> worth more than a StormShield and of course from one of them I get a
> "LOL ss noob". I say that I have seen people consider SS quite valuable
> and tell him not to lol at me. Of course I was just testing the waters
> and now had a better idea that the cost would be higher.
>
> So I finally get to see it. Now mind you I dont know all the prices but
> I heard that Shako = IST and remember this is non-ladder where some
> items are more abundant, at least I think so.
>
> So he shows the tiara to me +2 zon skills and +19 resist all and a few
> others I didn't catch so I offer 2 ISTs considering that a Shako goes
> for IST (from what I heard) and this thing had resists.
>
> I get a LOL and the guy walks away. So I call out his name and he asks
> what and I ask for a counter offer and he gives none.
>
> So did this idiot just put the game up so he can show the helm and just
> LOL at all the offers unless someone was foolish enough to offer him a
> botd or something overly godly?
>
> I mean I think 2 ISTs would have been a fair trade on that thing. Maybe
> he could have haggled me for a little more considering that it would
> have freed up my NL zon to wear a +3 jav ammy and get her LF up to
> level 40.

Well, he did you a favor walking away. Now matter what is has, those 2 mods
aren't worth is. Look at it this way, you could trade one IST for a Shako,
and the other for 2 UM, put an UM in the Shako an d no matter WHAT the rest
of teh mods on that hat were, it could not have been HALF as good as the
UM'd Shako, and you'd still have an UM left over.

Mickehy

On 21 Sep 2005 13:30:53 -0700, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I hop into a game, non-ladder mind you, the other morning where the
>trader announces "GodlyZonHelm" as the name of the game.
>
>So he shows this helm and it looks like nobody is buying it. I'm trying
>to look at it but people keep cutting in line. Someone says "that is
>awesome"
>
>I ask these others "Better than a shako"?
>
>Reply is "Oh yeah"
>
>I ask the others what he wants but get no replies.
>
>Just to throw an idiotic low price out I ask the group there if it's
>worth more than a StormShield and of course from one of them I get a
>"LOL ss noob". I say that I have seen people consider SS quite valuable
>and tell him not to lol at me. Of course I was just testing the waters
>and now had a better idea that the cost would be higher.
>
>So I finally get to see it. Now mind you I dont know all the prices but
>I heard that Shako = IST and remember this is non-ladder where some
>items are more abundant, at least I think so.
>
>So he shows the tiara to me +2 zon skills and +19 resist all and a few
>others I didn't catch so I offer 2 ISTs considering that a Shako goes
>for IST (from what I heard) and this thing had resists.
>
>I get a LOL and the guy walks away. So I call out his name and he asks
>what and I ask for a counter offer and he gives none.
>
>So did this idiot just put the game up so he can show the helm and just
>LOL at all the offers unless someone was foolish enough to offer him a
>botd or something overly godly?
>
>I mean I think 2 ISTs would have been a fair trade on that thing. Maybe
>he could have haggled me for a little more considering that it would
>have freed up my NL zon to wear a +3 jav ammy and get her LF up to
>level 40.
>
>Orion

I'd have to know the other mods to make a good call. From what you
have said though, I doubt it was worth 2 ISTs. For example, you could
buy a Shako for 1 IST easily enough and have enough left over to stick
an UM into it for some very nice stats... not to mention that a Shako
would NOT be character specific and you could move it to a different
character if you needed to.

Now if the rare had sockets and some other godly stats like huge life
and leech it might possibly be worth it... or maybe a dueler's type
item could be worth it if you're into that.

By the way, why not just buy a Shako?

- Samiel

"Samiel" <samiel@samiel.com> wrote in message
> On 21 Sep 2005 13:30:53 -0700, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I hop into a game, non-ladder mind you, the other morning where the
>>trader announces "GodlyZonHelm" as the name of the game.
>>
>>So he shows this helm and it looks like nobody is buying it. I'm trying
>>to look at it but people keep cutting in line. Someone says "that is
>>awesome"
>>
>>I ask these others "Better than a shako"?
>>
>>Reply is "Oh yeah"
>>
>>I ask the others what he wants but get no replies.
>>
>>Just to throw an idiotic low price out I ask the group there if it's
>>worth more than a StormShield and of course from one of them I get a
>>"LOL ss noob". I say that I have seen people consider SS quite valuable
>>and tell him not to lol at me. Of course I was just testing the waters
>>and now had a better idea that the cost would be higher.
>>
>>So I finally get to see it. Now mind you I dont know all the prices but
>>I heard that Shako = IST and remember this is non-ladder where some
>>items are more abundant, at least I think so.
>>
>>So he shows the tiara to me +2 zon skills and +19 resist all and a few
>>others I didn't catch so I offer 2 ISTs considering that a Shako goes
>>for IST (from what I heard) and this thing had resists.
>>
>>I get a LOL and the guy walks away. So I call out his name and he asks
>>what and I ask for a counter offer and he gives none.
>>
>>So did this idiot just put the game up so he can show the helm and just
>>LOL at all the offers unless someone was foolish enough to offer him a
>>botd or something overly godly?
>>
>>I mean I think 2 ISTs would have been a fair trade on that thing. Maybe
>>he could have haggled me for a little more considering that it would
>>have freed up my NL zon to wear a +3 jav ammy and get her LF up to
>>level 40.
>>
>>Orion
>>
> I'd have to know the other mods to make a good call. From what you
> have said though, I doubt it was worth 2 ISTs. For example, you could
> buy a Shako for 1 IST easily enough and have enough left over to stick
> an UM into it for some very nice stats... not to mention that a Shako
> would NOT be character specific and you could move it to a different
> character if you needed to.
>
> Now if the rare had sockets and some other godly stats like huge life
> and leech it might possibly be worth it... or maybe a dueler's type
> item could be worth it if you're into that.
>
> By the way, why not just buy a Shako?

Nah, not even with huge life. After all, it CANNOT have more life than the
Shako, leech is mostly useless for all but a pikazon and can be had easily
on other items. As I said in my reply, the guy did you a favor.

Mickey