Sign in with
Your question

Freelancer start up problem

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
May 17, 2010 7:29:18 PM

Hello, I had played freelancer on my pc before and deleted it a while ago but recently fancied another go so i re-installed the game which installed fine. But when i went to boot the game i get the message "windows cannot access the specified device,path, or file, you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Any idea anyone, on how to get around this problem?
May 20, 2010 1:24:36 PM

can u specify the comfiguration of ut rig and the operating system :) 
then i'll b able to help u :D 
Anonymous
May 22, 2010 6:08:42 PM

sworoop1990 said:
can u specify the comfiguration of ut rig and the operating system :) 
then i'll b able to help u :D 

Hello there, my specs are: intel quad cpu Q6600, 4 Gigs, windows vista 64 bit op system, and graphics invidea Geforce 8800GTX ok, Cheers.
Related resources
June 4, 2010 12:25:14 AM

Strange.

Find the Freelancer folder in program files.

Right click it, got to Security, click on Advanced and go to the Owner tab.

Click on Edit, and find your username and hit Apply.

Go back to the Security tab, hit Edit, and find your username again if it is not there for either of these steps click Add and add it.

After finding your user name click all the check boxes, and make sure Full Control is checked. Make sure this is applied to the Freelancer executable, which it should be if you applied it to the containing folder.

Try running the game again, if this doesn't do anything, then try running in "Windows XP Compatibility Mode" .. right click on the desktop icon to do this.

June 6, 2010 10:36:31 AM

FreeLancer runs great on my computer, Win7 Ultimate 32 bit, no compatability needed
!