Connect to Wireless Network, Advanced & Connect greyed out?

I've got a WinXP Home system which, when asked to show available
wireless networks, pops up a window with no networks, and the
"advanced" tab greyed out. What happened, and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

William P.N. Smith wrote:
> I've got a WinXP Home system which, when asked to show available
> wireless networks, pops up a window with no networks, and the
> "advanced" tab greyed out. What happened, and how do I fix it?
>
> Thanks!

Do you have administrator rights on the login?