Sign in with
Your question

Lower case e virus???

Last response: in Windows 7
September 8, 2010 6:19:16 AM

Everytime I have tried to install software lately all I get when asked to enter a destination is a steady stream of lower case e's that just keep entering automatically. I have ran several different virus, malware scanners to no avail. When this first started I would get the e's in every address box from browsers to google now it's only in software destination boxes. It also affects CoD W@W lean but doesn't affect anything in other game. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I am dealing with here? Any remedies? Thanks in advance.

More about : lower case virus

a b $ Windows 7
September 8, 2010 6:33:42 AM

I think the first thing you want to do is to try a new keyboard with your computer to see if it is a hardware problem. Or even just turn it upside down and give it a few sharp raps to dislodge any crumbs, etc. Repeating keys are often caused by muck in the keyboard.
m
l
September 8, 2010 7:23:42 AM

Thanks, that was the first thing I did. Then I took out the batteries from the keyboard and unplugged my Fang game pad (because it has an e key also), but the e's just kept coming. I am also getting a low volume beep coming from my case, like an error beep or something.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 8, 2010 6:15:50 PM

That noise is because there is a key stuck down have you tried a different keyboard?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 8, 2010 9:04:10 PM

Try the onscreen keyboard. Type OSK.exe in the run command. If that works,Its a faulty keyboard
m
l
September 8, 2010 9:10:55 PM

I have done all suggested, I am typing on a different keyboard right now and the problem persists. It only affects the address lines when installing new software. I have been trying to install skype and it will only let do it with the esti langage, I cannot change it to english. I am about ready to nuke it and do a clean install, which shold take me about a week :) 
m
l
!