are these temps normal??

Ashish34

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2002
I have an Albatron KX 18D PRO II mobo, with a XP 2500+ @ stock speeds. I'm using the stock HS/F, and according to MBM my idle temps are anywhere from 51-54 and load is anywhere from 56-58 (up to 61 when burning-in). Now, are the temp. sensors on the mobo on the high side, or is my system running quite hot for a system at stock speeds? I've seen these temps when people overclock, but this is a stock speed system here.

IF it does seem high, would that Thermaltake Silent Boost hs/f help significantly compared to the stock cooler?

~AT~

pat

Expert
It depend of the ambiant room temperature and if you have good air circulation inside your case. If it is hot in you computer room then these temp can be reached. If your case is not vented and it is always the same hot air that is cooling your cpu, then yes these temp are normal. To be sure, just open the side panel of your case to see if the temp drop. Any cooler need fresh air to cool the cpu.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

Ashish34

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2002
well ambient room temperature (before comp starts up) is usually around 23 C, and I use one of those antec amg1080 cases, and I have fans on all possible places, and cleaned up the wiring inside, so those shouldn't be factors.

~AT~