Intel's Core i7 Solution for Shopping at the Mall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert R

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
an interactive floor plan that could be used by retailers to both help the customer find what they are looking for, adding things to their shopping list, as well as advertise new products.
find what they are looking for, adding things to their shopping list, as well as advertise new products.
advertise new products or special offers.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]PC_GI[/nom]I imagine the screen will be disgusting with finger prints...[/citation]It should come with some of those electrostatic cleaners like in Demolition Man. I mean, they have enough power to do it, right?

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]builderbobftw[/nom]Why does this need so much CPU power? I would think an i3 woul;d be good[/citation]
I think it does no harm, you want a powerful cpu to run the touchscreen so it's responsive unlike shitty tablet touchs screens.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]builderbobftw[/nom]Why does this need so much CPU power? I would think an i3 woul;d be good[/citation]

To make it more expensive.

aaron686

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Agreed. An i3 still sounds like overkill

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I would love having this at home connected to different stores. I hate walking around for hours trying to find clothes that I like.

Just browse everything from at home and then order OR go out and try it without having to take detours in other shops.

j51

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
hmm... is this also from the Computex 2010? I miss the daily summary of major computer tech event Toms used to have. (like what Engadget did http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/06/computex-2010-wrap-up-tablets-a-windows-7-eatery-and-a-few-mo/)

This year the computex news from Toms are scattering and everywhere. The only summary we had is for the booth babies!

While I do love the booth babies, is this the only thing Toms really care to make a summary from the Computex 2010?

I miss the good old "day to day" and comprehensive coverage of computer major events from Toms.

j51

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
By the way... while it is not on this one, the tags on some of the Computex 2010 news are shown as "Computex 2008" (like in the "Intel High tech vending machine" news (http://www.tomshardware.com/news/vending-machine-facial-recognition-core-2,10599.html).

Is this a bug or that is what they meant to be?

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]j51[/nom]hmm... is this also from the Computex 2010? I miss the daily summary of major computer tech event Toms used to have. (like what Engadget did http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/06 [...] a-few-mo/)This year the computex news from Toms are scattering and everywhere. The only summary we had is for the booth babies! While I do love the booth babies, is this the only thing Toms really care to make a summary from the Computex 2010? I miss the good old "day to day" and comprehensive coverage of computer major events from Toms.[/citation

Dont worry you can read all the mac summaries in a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.