Crysis Win7 5870 freezing/mouse in menu

Hello everyone!

First, I was having a problem with using the mouse in the menu screen. It wasn't tracking correctly or the screen would appear in the corner of my display and I was unable to access some buttons, so I found a remedy of going to the task manager and ending dwm.exe which let me use native resolution and access everything although the screen is smaller- it works. If anyone knows a fix that will let me use the full 24" of my display, that would be great!

Once I begin, during the intro when they are on the place, there are a few stutters then the game inevitably crashes to black screen with the music/sound effects still playing. There is no way out of this black screen (ctrl/alt/delete, alt+tab - dont work) except to do a hard restart then come back in to windows in safe mode.

The optimal graphics button puts it to high graphics settings.

I am running off a disk using patch 1.2 (1.1.6115?)

I put my the fan speed in CCC (v. 10.4) up to 100% and it is still happening within a minute or so of playing.

My stats:
I7 930 at stock 2.8Ghz
Diamond 5870 1GB
24" Dell 2010 (not ultrascan)
6GB Mushkin DDR3 1866 (running at 1600)
Windows 7 x64
Corsair 850W PSU

Any ideas? The game looks awesome but this is getting frustrating (esp for a 3 yr old game)

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about crysis win7 5870 freezing mouse menu
  1. Update your display drivers to the Catalyst 10.4a. Set your native screen resolution to the maximum allowed by the monitor.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Mice Video Games