New M/B no display

extremity

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2001
I never thought to be on the asking side, but with hat in hand and pride aside, here I go.
Two Incidents, both NEw M/B`s and CPU`s etc.
1: ASUS K8VSE Deluxe with 3000+ Athlon 64 CPU, display dropped out after setup, no beeps or display on reboot during POST, tried all usual things including BIOS rescue system .....NADA.

2: MSI K8T Master 2 with AMD Opteron, no display, 2 beeps (changed DDR), changed AGP, CPU, etc...still.....NADA.
This M/B just back after being returned as no beep during initial POST, no display.

Now, having had a wealth of electronic and computer experiance and dealing with new technology, I know there us much to learn, however, whatever I know has not helped at all in either case, so here I am hoping someone has an answer or constructive suggestion, surely I do not have two NEW dud M/B`s?.

On the Edge of Extremity
Microsoft Registered OEM,DSP,MCP
Custom Building of PC`s.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Make sure your board isn't shorted on the back side by a spare standoff, make sure the 4-pin ATX12v connector is connected, and try booting to POST screen with no drives attached. If your video card has a 4-pin power connection, make sure it's connected. And if all else fails, make sure the power supply is providing adequate voltage.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>