NVIDIA 6800 with PCI-Express

jeff

Anybody see the NVIDIA 6800 with PCI-Express anywhere? I'm told it exists
but I can't find it anywhere. I'm solely interested in this for Doom3 so I
posted this here.

Hi

Very few about, looking at the bench marks no present significant
improvement over AGP with PCI X16express

Big outlay MB etc. I'd wait 6 months for hardware maturity.

Fastest DOOM 3 card is the 6800ultraAGP flavour.

I have the ATI X800XT PE very happy with it a little slower than the 6800 at
higher res with AA.

But at 1024X768 4XFSAA 8XAF high quality settings getting 60FPS in demo1.
Running a 3.2 gig rig with 1 gig RAM.

The 6800 same settings getting 63FPS.

Hope this helps your decision.

physman