Nextel and 802.11 problems.

Has anyone have any problems using Nextel phones in a 802.11b environment?

I have an Nextel phones with a Nextel amp in a office complex, I have the
802.11b AP's scattered for optimal coverage.

Every once and a while parts of the wifi areas fall off.

Anyone seen this out there?

My wife, and I, both have Nextel i90c phones in the house. I keep mine on
my office desk, about five feet from my access point. Hers can be found
almost anywhere around the house. Both are on 24/7. I used to have
802.11b, and now run 802.11g/b, with no problems from the Nextel phones.
Nextel phones are in the 806~866MHz range. WiFi, b & g, operate in the
2.4GHz band. They are miles apart, in radio terms. However, the Nextel's,
when active, do make funny noises on my amplified computer speakers, if they
get within a couple feet of each other.

The phones, are around 1/6 of a watt, very low power. What is the wattage
of your amplifier? Do you have any other 2.4GHz cordless telephones, or
video transmitters, in the proximity? Microwave ovens could also be a
problem.

Bill Crocker