Cooler for the Asus PP-DLW for XEON 3.2

robo47

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2004
i am looking for a cooler for this mainboard and cpu-type because the cooler i ordered with the board was too big and the cooler delivered with the board are only for 2.7 ghz so i am looking for a cooler who can handle 3.2 ghz and fits on the board, because the place arround the socket is very small.

hope my english is good enoug to be readable.

thx already robo47

robo47

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2004
nobody who knows which cooler could fit on the board?

hmm

is it possible to buy the standard-boxed-coolers from intel anywhere? (without CPU)

robo47

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I would TEST the smaller cooler delivered with the board and find out for sure, based on the possibility that it MIGHT work, and the CPU has thermal protection so that if it doesn't work, you won't hurt anything.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

robo47

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2004
have already tested it, after about 20 minutes of running @ 100 % the system crash and the temperature in the bios after reboot is between 67°C and 69°C which is too much for a room-temp of about 23-27°C and in summer the room has sometimes temp's from 30-40°C

and i don't want to kill my cpu :p