Sign in with
Your question

Can't even boot into Safe Mode!!

Last response: in Windows XP
November 17, 2004 10:28:06 PM

I have been having problems with random crashes/reboots. I have updated all my drivers and my bios, but still was having same problem. So in desperation (and probably ,stupidity) I decided to try and reinstall XP (Home Edition). It started its reinstall script, then after about 10 minutes, it went to reboot (a scripted event) Ever since then, it won't boot past the black Windows XP screen that has the green progress bar (the one that precedes the Welcome screen). When I try to boot into Safe Mode, the same thing happens, and the machine restarts after the black XP screen is on for about a second. I am now totally lost, and have no idea of what to try next. Please help! I have some files I never backed up, and don't want to reformat if I can avoid it. Thanks in advance!

More about : boot safe mode

November 17, 2004 11:50:26 PM

check you CPU temps...may be overheating?

I had a problem once where Win98 would not install with all my RAM slots filled, I left one stick of RAM in and it installed fine. Try this, prob won't work - but worth a try!

November 19, 2004 12:41:02 AM

So u haven't actually gone through the full Reinstalling process yet?
!