diarmuidmark

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2004
Please help me!I used the auto update utility to update the bios on my asus k8v se deluxe mb....followed all the on screens clicked "flash bios" all seemed ok it asked me to reset so ok....then disaster! the machine will not boot..no signal output does not seem to be looking for drives ..i have contacted asus support by e-mail just got the standard auto reply v busy get back to you in about 48hrs!!! any ideas....apart from kick myself!! thanks guys(and gals) I need you now!!!!

Try resetting the bios by moving the cmos jumper over one position, and return to the original postion. Do this with the power supply unplugged, or you can also remove the mobo battery for a few seconds. If that doesn't work, request an rma from asus, and simply tell them that it won't post.

diarmuidmark

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2004
thanks for the advice ...I did exactly that on the advice of the asus tech phone line...got back up and running seemingly ok..but peeed off with asus who have said I have voided my three year warranty by downloading a new bios when the old one was working ok!!! why have an update utility then? and why not state that flashing a bios voids your warranty!!!? in fact this is from the user guide "visit the asus website and download the latest bios file for this mobo using the asus update utility" what do you think??

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
How can they give you three different ways to "flash" your bios (boot disk, floppy and online) and then void your warranty when you do it? That makes no sense???? He had to be in error. They set up this elaborate bios update system, devote a whole chapter to it in the installation guide and then bang you for doing it??? This is ridiculous.

Da Worfster

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

diarmuidmark

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2004
the tech guy was so quick to say i voided my warranty it put me on the back foot..at the time i was just worried that i had killed my computer...thinking about it i followed the update programme to the letter..if there is a big risk of screwing up your bios why does it not warn you..i will be contacting asus in writing....see what they are prepared to put in writing keep you posted Thanks for the support

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That's awful stupid of ASUS. They must be getting a lot of returns on that board. Always make yourself a BIOS rescue disk for these occasions, and when you flash even with Easy Flash, you still have to default to make the new BIOS your default BIOS.

Abit IS7 - 2.8C @ 3.4ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot