Windows mail icon missing windows 7

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Live
  • Windows Mail
Last response: in Windows 7
September 8, 2010 3:46:11 PM

Hello, I cannot find the windows mail icon, I tried to reload windows live essentials but it had windows mail box ticked so I could not install it again. But where is it? It is not in programs or anywhere it seems

More about : windows mail icon missing windows

September 8, 2010 4:51:15 PM

Windows Mail isn't included in Windows 7. However, you can install an e‑mail program from another company or Windows Live Mail—a free program that is part of Windows Live Essentials. Windows Live Mail works with most e‑mail accounts, and you can import your e‑mail, contacts, and calendar from Windows Mail into Windows Live Mail - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/importing-y...

- Jake

Windows Outreach Team
Score
September 14, 2010 11:58:29 PM

that is not what I asked
Score
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 15, 2010 5:23:56 PM

Click on the Ribbon and in the search box, type Windows Mail. If it's there, it will show up and you can then right click on it and pin it to your start menu or to the task bar.

I don't use Windows Mail so I don't know where it puts the icon in the Start Menu. I would assume it's probably right there at the top of the list in All Programs.

As it is, I used Thunderbird.
Score
September 18, 2010 11:02:18 AM

I decided to uninstall Windows Mal and when I went to uninstall the program, I found that there was a repair option. So I have fixed the problem with a repair. The windows mail icon was missing from the menu box.
Score

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
September 20, 2010 3:01:32 AM

Glad to hear you got the problem fixed.
September 25, 2010 12:46:19 AM

Best answer selected by quartzy.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 25, 2010 1:43:19 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score