In-game temporary freezes

Macka1080

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
Hi,

I'm having an issue when playing games, where I'll get high FPS yet I suffer from random freezes, that last for about half a second. They are generally infrequent, in that they may occur every 10 minutes. They do not happen in the same place, they are random.

It almost seems as if something is being loaded, however it doesn't coincide with anywhere that should be loading in game. The two games that I'm playing at the moment are Modern Warfare 2 and Metro 2033.

System Specs:

i5-750
ATI 5770 1GB
4GB DDR3-1333
500GB WD HDD

I've disabled AV, run defrag, checked background processes as best as I can, and I have the latest Catalyst drivers. I'm not sure what else to try.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

shazzalol

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
Hm it looks like your having problems loading your environments, But that doesn't make sense if you say you get high FPS. I think you should try using an overclocking tool like EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner to raise your memory speeds. report back after overclocking your card

Macka1080

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
Hi, thanks for the replies,

I'm playing on 1360x768 resolution.

You think I should overclock the memory, even though it's already at 1333? Also, the pausing doesn't occur in the same places, if that helps at all.

TRENDING THREADS