A7N8X Flashing Power LED

bosshoss

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2004
Hey guys I am having a big problem, I have had this setup for about a year now with no problems:
Athlon 2400+
768mb ddr333
A7N8X
BBA 9600xt
80gb WD 7200rpm
60gb Max 7200rpm
Liteon DVD+-rw
Liteon DVDrom
5 case fans
Cool cathode ray neon light
OKIA 430 power supply

Everything has been working completely fine until today. I noticed that my power led on front of my case started blinking and I thought nothing of it. Well then I started to play some of my games and WAMMO! lockups on every one to the point where I couldnt even ctrl-alt-delete and end process, I had to hit the reset button on the front of my case. Any Suggestions? Could it be my PSU? What do you guys think?

<i> If the creator of the human body is "The Ultimate Engineer", why did he put a recreation site right next to a waste treatment area? </i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Could be a lot of things, try testing parts one test at a time to narrow down which device is causing the lock. Also it might help to get MBM5 and set it to record a log of voltages and temperatures.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>