Valve: Big Surprise Isn't Episode 3 (Booooo!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
ARRRGHHH!!! You can't claim to change the way we game with episodic content and just stop after two episodes. Maybe it's gone the "Firefly/Serenity" route and they're just going to release a full fledged Half-Life 3. OR, maybe it's Valve's first mmo (though I doubt it).

Either way, I'm sure we won't be disappointed by what we receive, rather what we didn't receive (HL2:EP3).

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
That doesn't seem all that surprising. The email cancelling things still referred to an E3 Portal 2 surprise: "If you'd like to ask fruitless questions about the E3 Portal 2 surprise," which seems to suggest that the surprise is still related to Portal 2 in some way. But I suppose we'll find out soon, won't we?

toxxel

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Portal 2 is still coming out, they said they won't be showing it at E3. I'd bet HL3 new engine opening the door for new era of releases.

stevesauce

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
Lol. "Dark side". I'd shift there, too, if that's where all the money was at. :D

And practically everyone knew that there is now Ep. 3.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]I don't think anyone cares about the June 14th mystery now that we all know it's not going to be Episode 3.[/citation]

HL3 > HL2:EP3 ...!

roboduck

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
I thought it was a hoax. Releasing something like that just isn't Valve's style. I was still hoping for Ep.3 before I die.... Brand new game maybe?

G

Its obviously Valve's DOTA. They hired a DOTA creator like 2 years ago and he said that they would be making an announcement soon two or so months back

Status
Not open for further replies.