Sign in with
Your question
Closed

2x Win7 boot problem

Last response: in Windows 7
September 8, 2010 5:50:33 PM

Hello,
Hey guys havent been around for awhile but I see you are still being the kings of comp questions.My problem is when I removed a pata 160gb hdd from my system leaving my single sata 500gb left,I still have the windows screen after bios that makes me choose between 2 windows 7 os's.Im pretty sure one is from the old drive and the new one is on the bottom.So if I let it auto load it boots the top one which is the other drive that is not connected.How do I remove that choice or bump my 500gb drive up to the top choice?

More about : win7 boot problem

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
September 9, 2010 12:05:02 AM

Run msconfig, go to startup (if i remember correctly), and delete the selection for the HDD you removed.
September 9, 2010 12:31:11 PM

Best answer selected by Neocloud.
Score
Related resources
September 9, 2010 12:34:32 PM

Yup that did it.Thank you for making me realize how retarded I really am,even though I fix computers on a daily basis.Not really used to win 7 yet I guess as Ive never had that problem with XP unless it was 2 drives with independent OS's on them.Thanks treefrog and to the whole TH community,you guys are my life saving angels from cybertron above heaven lol.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 9, 2010 1:59:38 PM

You're welcome for the help. Retarded? I seriously doubt that. I find that as I get older there are times I Cannot Remember Stuff.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 9, 2010 3:54:38 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!