Sign in with
Your question

Is GTA meant for PC.... at all ??

Last response: in Video Games
June 3, 2010 8:58:27 AM

My Core 2 Duo was running very smooth with any game until I hit GTA IV. Then I sold if off and bought i3 which also was not sufficient. Now I have ...

AMD Phenom II X6
4 GB DDR3
9400 GT Geforce 1 GB
Win XP 32 bit.

I tested by my PC on www.systemrequirementslab.com and now it passes way beyond the recommended settings,

and still the performance is not more than 17 FPS.

I see that I have a DDR2 Graphic Card but is that such a big handicap when I have a 6 core processor.

So the ultimate question is , is this game meant to be played on PC at all.

More about : gta meant

June 3, 2010 10:00:48 AM

Your 9400 GT is really not up to the job. Graphics cards are the most significant factor in games performance and if you search for some benchmarks for the 9400 GT you'll see it's almost an order of magnitude slower than a GTX260 for example - which is probably reccommended spec for current games. If you want to play more modern games you're gonna have to invest in a better graphics card.
m
l
June 3, 2010 10:55:20 AM

The 9400 is too slow for the game. You CPU upgrade was wasted.
m
l
Related resources
June 3, 2010 11:52:20 AM

asheesh1_2000 said:
My Core 2 Duo was running very smooth with any game until I hit GTA IV. Then I sold if off and bought i3 which also was not sufficient. Now I have ...

AMD Phenom II X6
4 GB DDR3
9400 GT Geforce 1 GB
Win XP 32 bit.

I tested by my PC on www.systemrequirementslab.com and now it passes way beyond the recommended settings,

and still the performance is not more than 17 FPS.

I see that I have a DDR2 Graphic Card but is that such a big handicap when I have a 6 core processor.

So the ultimate question is , is this game meant to be played on PC at all.

What settings are you keeping for GTA?

turn the shadows down performance should get better, shadows are very badly optimised.
m
l
June 3, 2010 4:24:22 PM

You changed your PC twice except for the video card for a stupid game? What a waste.

The 9400GT is not a gaming card.

I would drop in a HD 5850 or the nVidia equivalent video card.
m
l
June 4, 2010 8:03:08 PM

Quote:
"9400 GT Geforce 1 GB"

^ I found your problem.
m
l
June 9, 2010 2:52:16 PM

I hope future GTAs are better optimized..... the reason I am into this game.. as I think this is the best Sandbox game ever.. can you think otherwise...

m
l
June 9, 2010 11:01:54 PM

Just mentioned this in another thread-

I just built the comp in my sig two weeks ago- installed GTA IV, set to max settings, huge fps issues. Uninstalled the game.

(every other game + benchmark are working properly and awesome fps- heaven 2.1 max at 70+ fps - 2000+score - tess off-)
m
l
July 4, 2010 6:27:26 PM

Yeah thats right , GTA is really badly configured. so many posts about this damn gta 4.. ! I really like it but even on high end systems it will cause issues/
Play it at 35 fps or below and after 1 hour u will feel the tiredness ! It feels really not made for pc. ! I uninstalled it because of its low fps ! But still good game !
m
l
!