Sign in with
Your question

So who was pissed they completely changed mass effect 2?

Last response: in Video Games
June 3, 2010 9:25:12 PM

Since its a trilogy, and they are connected by the story, I figured the controls and gameplay would be similar. It is except the weapons. I liked the fact that in the first game you did not have ammo, you could fire until your gun overheated. I liked that there was a lot of gun selection, ME2 tells you which guns to use, and they suck. Some guns do nothing against some enemies, some guns kill them somewhat quickly. Thats nice, but its no good when I run out of that guns ammo.

None of this was an issue in the first game, I read why they changed it, all because they thought the menu got too cluttered with all the spawned collectibles. I liked it, easy way to make money selling stuff.

I still like the game because I like the story, but I am pissed they changed it this dramatically especially since it was beyond unnecessary...
June 4, 2010 4:29:26 PM

I actually liked ME2. To be fair though, I only bought it because it was a bioware title, and I thought hard about not buying it because of the EA taint. I refuse to install ME1 on my machine because of that BS DRM EA put on it. Bioware launched KotOR 1 & 2 by them selves, why the hell was EA used for ME and DA?

But to answer your question, ME 1 sounds more like KotOR, only with the hit system replaced by an FPS interface. As for the magazines, I like reloading better than the overheat thing. My only greivances are that you can't sell stuff, you can't buy minerals, and HAVE to do the scan thing, and the Widow rifle dissapoints me.

I am a military enthousiast/gamer So I see the ME sniper rifles as:

Mantis = M24
Viper = SPR
Widow = M 82 (anti-material rifle)

Why dose the widow take 2 head shots? I just annoys the crap out of me, I mean the thing weighs 85Lbs (which would put it closer to an RT-20) so there is no reason a cartrige like that can't topple an elite merc barrier, armor, and HP in one hit. And it should, one upgraded get at least 2/3s of a YIMR.

I feel like I got off topic, but yeah, I imagine ME1 as being very like a cross of KotOR 2 and Halo, so ME 2 dosen't dissappoint me.
m
l
June 5, 2010 3:58:53 AM

dont get me wrong, the game is still fun, I just find it strange they changed it so much with it being a trillogy and all.

You should play me1 though, it has an effect on the second game, which is cool to see.
m
l
June 5, 2010 11:13:53 AM

victordilorenzo said:
dont get me wrong, the game is still fun, I just find it strange they changed it so much with it being a trillogy and all.

You should play me1 though, it has an effect on the second game, which is cool to see.

I really wan't to play ME1 too, but I refuse to put that DRM on my machine. All though, I have recived pressure from multiple sources to try steam. If there DRM replaces the EA one I might get a shot.
m
l
!