DOOM3 scientists look just like " Far Side" scientists

SERVO

Have you guys noticed that the scientists in DOOM3 look just like
scientitst from the "Far Side"? Big fat guys in lab coats with clip
boards 'n stuff?...just an observation.
Also I've tried to save Alpha Lab Edwards and it seems as though he's
doomed no matter what. Even if ya toss a few BFG rounds into that room
with the ladder he gets iced regardless. It would be kinda kewl if the
game went in a different direction in response to things that happen in
the game. oh well, DOOM3 still rulz and I still hate the flying babies.
--
Servo
"You gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?"

Alpha Lab Edwards is a gonner no matter what so I just blast him so I
can rush the latter and avoid the imps. :(

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:15:21 +0000, Diver wrote:

> Alpha Lab Edwards is a gonner no matter what so I just blast him so I
> can rush the latter and avoid the imps. :(

Yeah, the guy has about as much luck as an ensign on an original Star Trek
series mission.

"He's dead, Jim. You get his tricorder. I'll get his wallet.."

Ive started shooting all the scientists as I go, started doing it in delta..
Even if they are suposed to help it doesent change the game.

All those demons have made my go psyco...PSYCO I TELL YA! EVERYTHING MUST
DIE!!!

Andy.

"Diver" <Diver@Home.com> wrote in message
> Alpha Lab Edwards is a gonner no matter what so I just blast him so I
> can rush the latter and avoid the imps. :(
>
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:23:27 GMT, Servo <SPAMMERS@GETCANCER.NUTS>
> wrote:
>
> >Have you guys noticed that the scientists in DOOM3 look just like
> >scientitst from the "Far Side"? Big fat guys in lab coats with clip
> >boards 'n stuff?...just an observation.
> >Also I've tried to save Alpha Lab Edwards and it seems as though he's
> >doomed no matter what. Even if ya toss a few BFG rounds into that room
> >with the ladder he gets iced regardless. It would be kinda kewl if the
> >game went in a different direction in response to things that happen in
> >the game. oh well, DOOM3 still rulz and I still hate the flying babies.

> Have you guys noticed that the scientists in DOOM3 look just like
> scientitst from the "Far Side"? Big fat guys in lab coats

They're not fat.
Smoke another bowl, Cheech.

--
-Scott

"Spreading a little of my sunshine throughout Usenet hell."

SERVO

codethis wrote:
>>Have you guys noticed that the scientists in DOOM3 look just like
>>scientitst from the "Far Side"? Big fat guys in lab coats
>

> They're not fat.

Ok...maybe not FAT as such, but definitely husky or somewhat
"calorically challenged" :) They must eat good on Mars.

--

"Angellus" <andy_email2002"NOSPAM"@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Ive started shooting all the scientists as I go, started doing it in
delta..
> Even if they are suposed to help it doesent change the game.
>
> All those demons have made my go psyco...PSYCO I TELL YA! EVERYTHING MUST
> DIE!!!
>
> Andy.

[snip]

On Site 3 I killed the scientist in the little room by the four stone
artifacts. He was talking too much and in my way. An archvile immediately
transported in behind me. I'm pretty sure you don't get the archvile if you
don't wax the scientist. Not that it isn't worth it, but it looks like the
programmers at iD are protecting their scientists.

--
Cycho{HHR}
http://home.rochester.rr.com/cyhome/

> On Site 3 I killed the scientist in the little room by the four stone
> artifacts. He was talking too much and in my way. An archvile immediately
> transported in behind me. I'm pretty sure you don't get the archvile if
you
> don't wax the scientist. Not that it isn't worth it, but it looks like the
> programmers at iD are protecting their scientists.

Did you read that scientist's e-mail.
He got a message from his nephew thanking him for Quake 344, and stated how
intense and cool it was.
So ... you killed that little boy's, very much loved, uncle.
Nice.

--

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:18:32 +0000, codethis wrote:

>> On Site 3 I killed the scientist in the little room by the four stone
>> artifacts. He was talking too much and in my way. An archvile
>> immediately transported in behind me. I'm pretty sure you don't get the
>> archvile if
> you
>> don't wax the scientist. Not that it isn't worth it, but it looks like
>> the programmers at iD are protecting their scientists.
>
> Did you read that scientist's e-mail. He got a message from his nephew
> thanking him for Quake 344, and stated how intense and cool it was. So
> ... you killed that little boy's, very much loved, uncle. Nice.

Are you two talking about the same scientist? If it's Pierce, the
religious one with the glasses, the bastard locks the door and won't let
you in when all hell breaks lose after you've left his room. I think it's
to prevent you from putting a bullet to his head afterwards.

One of the emails says that the worker is going to be late with Q4
analysis (Quake?).

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 12:41:27 -0400, orison <orison@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:18:32 +0000, codethis wrote:
>
>>> On Site 3 I killed the scientist in the little room by the four stone
>>> artifacts. He was talking too much and in my way. An archvile
>>> immediately transported in behind me. I'm pretty sure you don't get the
>>> archvile if
>> you
>>> don't wax the scientist. Not that it isn't worth it, but it looks like
>>> the programmers at iD are protecting their scientists.
>>
>> Did you read that scientist's e-mail. He got a message from his nephew
>> thanking him for Quake 344, and stated how intense and cool it was. So
>> ... you killed that little boy's, very much loved, uncle. Nice.
>
>Are you two talking about the same scientist? If it's Pierce, the
>religious one with the glasses, the bastard locks the door and won't let
>you in when all hell breaks lose after you've left his room. I think it's
>to prevent you from putting a bullet to his head afterwards.

> Are you two talking about the same scientist? If it's Pierce, the
> religious one with the glasses, the bastard locks the door and won't let
> you in when all hell breaks lose after you've left his room. I think it's
> to prevent you from putting a bullet to his head afterwards.

Yeah, this is the guy.
When you look through the window you can see he's very busy typing away on
the computer. So obviously he can't be bothered by the Marine anymore ....
even if he is being attacked from monsters from hell! I just feel sorry for
his little nephew ... because that other guy said he blew his Uncle Pierce
away. That's just uncalled for.

--

"codethis" <DaBearsh@Arizona.com> wrote in message
> > On Site 3 I killed the scientist in the little room by the four stone
> > artifacts. He was talking too much and in my way. An archvile
immediately
> > transported in behind me. I'm pretty sure you don't get the archvile if
> you
> > don't wax the scientist. Not that it isn't worth it, but it looks like
the
> > programmers at iD are protecting their scientists.
>
> Did you read that scientist's e-mail.
> He got a message from his nephew thanking him for Quake 344, and stated
how
> intense and cool it was.
> So ... you killed that little boy's, very much loved, uncle.
> Nice.
>
> --
> -Scott
>
> "Spreading a little of my sunshine throughout Usenet hell."

Well, excuuuuuuuse me! Look, that guy wouldn't get out of my way for
*several seconds* and besides, he was boring me. I mean, I'm sorry about his
stupid nephew and all, but a man can only take so much! Geesh.

--
Cycho{HHR}
http://home.rochester.rr.com/cyhome/

codethis <DaBearsh@arizona.com> wrote:
> Yeah, this is the guy.
> When you look through the window you can see he's very busy typing away on
> the computer. So obviously he can't be bothered by the Marine anymore ....
> even if he is being attacked from monsters from hell! I just feel sorry for
> his little nephew ... because that other guy said he blew his Uncle Pierce
> away. That's just uncalled for.

He's a goner either way, since at the end only the player survives.

"Nan Wang" <nwang@panix.com> wrote in message
> codethis <DaBearsh@arizona.com> wrote:
> > Yeah, this is the guy.
> > When you look through the window you can see he's very busy typing
away on
> > the computer. So obviously he can't be bothered by the Marine
anymore ....
> > even if he is being attacked from monsters from hell! I just feel
sorry for
> > his little nephew ... because that other guy said he blew his Uncle
Pierce
> > away. That's just uncalled for.
>
> He's a goner either way, since at the end only the player survives.

I've heard that said before, but I'm not sure why that is true. I recall
sitting against a wall when the Marines found me in the Delta Region.
Who says everyone else died?

--
ArWeDelirious

TRENDING THREADS