Irritating 9600XT vs Silly A7n8X-E Deluxe

absense

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004
This is just irritating!
I bought an Asus Radeon 9600 XT/TD video card 1 week ago, to install into my Asus A7n8X-E Deluxe motherboard and when I try to boot up, it gives me a blank screen while everything is running (I mean fans, hard disk is turning, cpu is on, etc.) but nothing on the screen.. I've checked tonnes of forums but it seems that a lot of people have this problem with a lack of answers.
I was wondering if anyone had an idea how to fix this..
Here's some information about my set-up
Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe, REVISION 1.01, BIOS REV 1012 (just updated it today).
Video Card: Asus Radeon 9600 XT/TD
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1600+
Ram: Kingston 256 MB x 2 (PC 3200) Running on Dual Channel Mode.

If you guys can figure this out, then you've just successfully saved a poor soul :)

Thanks!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Make sure the card is pushed all the way into the slot.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

endyen

Splendid
Make sure that the card is in evenly. The back can get hung on the plastic. Just make sure that all of the visible parts of the copper traces are sticking out the same amount.

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
Try clearing the BIOS too.

<font color=blue>AthlonXP-M 2500+(12x200)</font color=blue><font color=green>Abit NF7-S</font color=green><font color=red>Kingston DDR400 2x256Mb</font color=red><font color=orange>NEC Accucync 19" CRT</font color=orange><font color=black>Sapphire 9600XT</font color=black>