jeff

I'm stuck on Final Doom Evilution level called Mill. I have all the keys
and found the red and blue doors, but can't find the yellow door if there is
one. I've gone around and around. Can't get out of this level.
heeeeeeelllllllllllllp!

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:14:11 -0700, "Jeff" <idont@thinkso.com> wrote:

>I'm stuck on Final Doom Evilution level called Mill. I have all the keys
>and found the red and blue doors, but can't find the yellow door if there is
>one. I've gone around and around. Can't get out of this level.
>heeeeeeelllllllllllllp!

The yellow door is north-east of the start position (-258, 128). To reach
it, you must head through the east door and turn north. (1031, 138). After
going up the lift, follow the right hand wall to go further north. (625,
1068).

If you are stuck in how to proceed once you pass they yellow gate...

After entering the yellow area, you need to shoot the computer texture in
the northwest of the open aren, then run to the southeast and flip a switch
to lower the floors to open up the exit. Be prepared to do a bit of
fighting, including one cyberdemon.

jeff

Thanks for the help! But how do you view your position coordinates and get
your north-south-east-west bearing?

"Raymond Martineau" <bk039@freenet.carleton.ca> wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:14:11 -0700, "Jeff" <idont@thinkso.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm stuck on Final Doom Evilution level called Mill. I have all the keys
> >and found the red and blue doors, but can't find the yellow door if there
is
> >one. I've gone around and around. Can't get out of this level.
> >heeeeeeelllllllllllllp!

> The yellow door is north-east of the start position (-258, 128). To reach
> it, you must head through the east door and turn north. (1031, 138).
After
> going up the lift, follow the right hand wall to go further north. (625,
> 1068).
>
> If you are stuck in how to proceed once you pass they yellow gate...

> After entering the yellow area, you need to shoot the computer texture in
> the northwest of the open aren, then run to the southeast and flip a
switch
> to lower the floors to open up the exit. Be prepared to do a bit of
> fighting, including one cyberdemon.

jeff

Ahhh! I got it! Found the map button too. THANKS A BUNCH! Ya know, I DID
shoot that computer texture several times, but it was with the rocket
launcher! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I just realized that doesn't work. You have to
punch it, shoot with a pistol or shotgun, or use the chainsaw.

Still, can you tell me how to view coordinates? Thanks!

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:49:09 -0700, "Jeff" <idont@thinkso.com> wrote:

>Ahhh! I got it! Found the map button too. THANKS A BUNCH! Ya know, I DID
>shoot that computer texture several times, but it was with the rocket
>launcher! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I just realized that doesn't work. You have to
>punch it, shoot with a pistol or shotgun, or use the chainsaw.

Yes, the rocket launcher/plasma gun tends to fool anyone.

The texture could have had a bit better indication that you were flipping
some kind of switch.

>Still, can you tell me how to view coordinates? Thanks!

IDMYPOS will display your current coordinates for Doom (as long as you are
not playing on Nightmare.) However, this isn't really in a readable
format, thus you may want to use a map editor to help show the position.

PrBoom does a better job of displaying coordinates (and shows height as
well.)