How to Transfer Plan to Someone Else

Last response: in Network Providers
August 12, 2004 3:59:49 PM

Does anyone know where I can transfer my plan to someone else who might
want a good plan that is no longer available?

I have Americas Choice 400, with 400 anytime minutes, Nation-Wide
Roaming, Unlimited Verizon IN-NETWORK Minutes, and unlimited nights and
weekends starting at 9 PM.

Anyway if theres a site or if anyone knows of any suggestions on how to
do this please let me know. Thanks!

More about : transfer plan

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:20:14 PM

"Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message
> I have Americas Choice 400, with 400 anytime minutes, Nation-Wide
> Roaming, Unlimited Verizon IN-NETWORK Minutes, and unlimited nights and
> weekends starting at 9 PM.

This plan is still available for $40/month.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:20:15 PM

P T Wang wrote:

> "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have Americas Choice 400, with 400 anytime minutes, Nation-Wide
>>Roaming, Unlimited Verizon IN-NETWORK Minutes, and unlimited nights and
>>weekends starting at 9 PM.
>

> This plan is still available for $40/month.

Ah your right, dang I was hoping to get rid of this 2 year contract.
How much is it to cancel anyone know the fee?
August 12, 2004 11:20:16 PM

> P T Wang wrote:
>
> > "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I have Americas Choice 400, with 400 anytime minutes, Nation-Wide
> >>Roaming, Unlimited Verizon IN-NETWORK Minutes, and unlimited nights and
> >>weekends starting at 9 PM.
> >

> > This plan is still available for $40/month.
> >

> Ah your right, dang I was hoping to get rid of this 2 year contract.
> How much is it to cancel anyone know the fee?

The ETF (Early Termination Fee) is usually $175. However, you may want to
consider an alternative, if someone you trust is looking. For me it was a
friend of mine that was getting divorced and wanted a number of his own
since he had to leave his house, but his credit was so bad from the divorce
mess, and verizon getting very strict on good credit, he couldn't get a
phone on his own. Be aware that you will be contractually laible for someone
else, so if you consider this option, be aware that you better trust the
person or you can get burned.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:20:17 PM

Peter Pan wrote:
> "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message
>> P T Wang wrote:
>>
>>> "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message

>>> This plan is still available for $40/month.
>>>

>> Ah your right, dang I was hoping to get rid of this 2 year contract.
>> How much is it to cancel anyone know the fee?
>
> The ETF (Early Termination Fee) is usually $175. However, you may
> want to consider an alternative, if someone you trust is looking. For
> me it was a friend of mine that was getting divorced and wanted a
> number of his own since he had to leave his house, but his credit was
> so bad from the divorce mess, and verizon getting very strict on good
> credit, he couldn't get a phone on his own. Be aware that you will be
> contractually laible for someone else, so if you consider this
> option, be aware that you better trust the person or you can get
> burned.

I believe you can transfer financial liability for a plan to another
person. Basically what the OP wants to do. I believe this used
to circumvent the credit check and activation fees.

-Quick
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:20:17 PM

Peter Pan wrote:

> "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message
>
>>P T Wang wrote:
>>

>>>"Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message

>>>This plan is still available for $40/month.
>>>

>>Ah your right, dang I was hoping to get rid of this 2 year contract.
>>How much is it to cancel anyone know the fee?
>

> The ETF (Early Termination Fee) is usually $175. However, you may want to
> consider an alternative, if someone you trust is looking. For me it was a
> friend of mine that was getting divorced and wanted a number of his own
> since he had to leave his house, but his credit was so bad from the divorce
> mess, and verizon getting very strict on good credit, he couldn't get a
> phone on his own. Be aware that you will be contractually laible for someone
> else, so if you consider this option, be aware that you better trust the
> person or you can get burned.

The ETF is good for 1 year and 7 months to go considering 175 is about 4
and 1/2 months worth.

Hmmm, actually the only reason I'd switch to another company is for a
Sony Ericcson P900/910 but I think I'll just get a Treo 600 instead. I
have to admit I would miss the great signal connection with Verizon and
customer service has been real good to me.

I'll look up some Treo 600 reviews on Usenet. Thanks for info.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:20:18 PM

> Peter Pan wrote:
> > "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message

> >> Ah your right, dang I was hoping to get rid of this 2 year contract.
> >> How much is it to cancel anyone know the fee?
> >
> > The ETF (Early Termination Fee) is usually $175. However, you may
> > want to consider an alternative, if someone you trust is looking. For
> > me it was a friend of mine that was getting divorced and wanted a
> > number of his own since he had to leave his house, but his credit was
> > so bad from the divorce mess, and verizon getting very strict on good
> > credit, he couldn't get a phone on his own. Be aware that you will be
> > contractually laible for someone else, so if you consider this
> > option, be aware that you better trust the person or you can get
> > burned.
>
> I believe you can transfer financial liability for a plan to another
> person. Basically what the OP wants to do. I believe this used
> to circumvent the credit check and activation fees.
>
> -Quick

You used to be able to, but as far as I know, since Jan 1st of this year,
you no longer could. They won't even allow a name change (unless you have a
legal document showing a legal name change). They do however allow an
address change (good thing in case you move!:)
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 8:01:35 PM

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message

> "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Peter Pan wrote:
> > > "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message

> > > The ETF (Early Termination Fee) is usually $175. However, you may
> > > want to consider an alternative, if someone you trust is looking. For
> > > me it was a friend of mine that was getting divorced and wanted a
> > > number of his own since he had to leave his house, but his credit was
> > > so bad from the divorce mess, and verizon getting very strict on good
> > > credit, he couldn't get a phone on his own. Be aware that you will be
> > > contractually laible for someone else, so if you consider this
> > > option, be aware that you better trust the person or you can get
> > > burned.
> >
> > I believe you can transfer financial liability for a plan to another
> > person. Basically what the OP wants to do. I believe this used
> > to circumvent the credit check and activation fees.
> >
> > -Quick
> >

> You used to be able to, but as far as I know, since Jan 1st of this year,
> you no longer could. They won't even allow a name change (unless you have
> legal document showing a legal name change). They do however allow an
> address change (good thing in case you move!:)

I transferred an account from my name to my wife's this summer. No hassle,
just one form to fill out and it's done. Call CS and they'll send you the
form.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 9:39:48 PM

"John Simpson" <jasimp@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

For

> > > I believe you can transfer financial liability for a plan to another
> > > person. Basically what the OP wants to do. I believe this used
> > > to circumvent the credit check and activation fees.
> > >
> > > -Quick
> > >

> > You used to be able to, but as far as I know, since Jan 1st of this
year,
> > you no longer could. They won't even allow a name change (unless you
have
> > legal document showing a legal name change). They do however allow an
> > address change (good thing in case you move!:)
> >

> I transferred an account from my name to my wife's this summer. No hassle,
> just one form to fill out and it's done. Call CS and they'll send you the
> form.

Yeah, it's called an assumption of liability form. You can also pick one up
from a VZW store.
!