How to Transfer Plan to Someone Else

Does anyone know where I can transfer my plan to someone else who might
want a good plan that is no longer available?

I have Americas Choice 400, with 400 anytime minutes, Nation-Wide
Roaming, Unlimited Verizon IN-NETWORK Minutes, and unlimited nights and
weekends starting at 9 PM.

Anyway if theres a site or if anyone knows of any suggestions on how to
do this please let me know. Thanks!
8 answers Last reply
More about transfer plan else

    "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message
    > I have Americas Choice 400, with 400 anytime minutes, Nation-Wide
    > Roaming, Unlimited Verizon IN-NETWORK Minutes, and unlimited nights and
    > weekends starting at 9 PM.

    This plan is still available for $40/month.

    P T Wang wrote:

    > "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have Americas Choice 400, with 400 anytime minutes, Nation-Wide
    >>Roaming, Unlimited Verizon IN-NETWORK Minutes, and unlimited nights and
    >>weekends starting at 9 PM.
    >

    > This plan is still available for $40/month.

    Ah your right, dang I was hoping to get rid of this 2 year contract.
    How much is it to cancel anyone know the fee?

    > P T Wang wrote:
    >
    > > "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I have Americas Choice 400, with 400 anytime minutes, Nation-Wide
    > >>Roaming, Unlimited Verizon IN-NETWORK Minutes, and unlimited nights and
    > >>weekends starting at 9 PM.
    > >

    > > This plan is still available for $40/month.
    > >

    > Ah your right, dang I was hoping to get rid of this 2 year contract.
    > How much is it to cancel anyone know the fee?

    The ETF (Early Termination Fee) is usually $175. However, you may want to
    consider an alternative, if someone you trust is looking. For me it was a
    friend of mine that was getting divorced and wanted a number of his own
    since he had to leave his house, but his credit was so bad from the divorce
    mess, and verizon getting very strict on good credit, he couldn't get a
    phone on his own. Be aware that you will be contractually laible for someone
    else, so if you consider this option, be aware that you better trust the
    person or you can get burned.

    Peter Pan wrote:
    > "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message
    >> P T Wang wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message

    >>> This plan is still available for $40/month.
    >>>

    >> Ah your right, dang I was hoping to get rid of this 2 year contract.
    >> How much is it to cancel anyone know the fee?
    >
    > The ETF (Early Termination Fee) is usually $175. However, you may
    > want to consider an alternative, if someone you trust is looking. For
    > me it was a friend of mine that was getting divorced and wanted a
    > number of his own since he had to leave his house, but his credit was
    > so bad from the divorce mess, and verizon getting very strict on good
    > credit, he couldn't get a phone on his own. Be aware that you will be
    > contractually laible for someone else, so if you consider this
    > option, be aware that you better trust the person or you can get
    > burned.

    I believe you can transfer financial liability for a plan to another
    person. Basically what the OP wants to do. I believe this used
    to circumvent the credit check and activation fees.

    -Quick

    Peter Pan wrote:

    > "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>P T Wang wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message

    >>>This plan is still available for $40/month.
    >>>

    >>Ah your right, dang I was hoping to get rid of this 2 year contract.
    >>How much is it to cancel anyone know the fee?
    >

    > The ETF (Early Termination Fee) is usually $175. However, you may want to
    > consider an alternative, if someone you trust is looking. For me it was a
    > friend of mine that was getting divorced and wanted a number of his own
    > since he had to leave his house, but his credit was so bad from the divorce
    > mess, and verizon getting very strict on good credit, he couldn't get a
    > phone on his own. Be aware that you will be contractually laible for someone
    > else, so if you consider this option, be aware that you better trust the
    > person or you can get burned.

    The ETF is good for 1 year and 7 months to go considering 175 is about 4
    and 1/2 months worth.

    Hmmm, actually the only reason I'd switch to another company is for a
    Sony Ericcson P900/910 but I think I'll just get a Treo 600 instead. I
    have to admit I would miss the great signal connection with Verizon and
    customer service has been real good to me.

    I'll look up some Treo 600 reviews on Usenet. Thanks for info.

    > Peter Pan wrote:
    > > "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message

    > >> Ah your right, dang I was hoping to get rid of this 2 year contract.
    > >> How much is it to cancel anyone know the fee?
    > >
    > > The ETF (Early Termination Fee) is usually $175. However, you may
    > > want to consider an alternative, if someone you trust is looking. For
    > > me it was a friend of mine that was getting divorced and wanted a
    > > number of his own since he had to leave his house, but his credit was
    > > so bad from the divorce mess, and verizon getting very strict on good
    > > credit, he couldn't get a phone on his own. Be aware that you will be
    > > contractually laible for someone else, so if you consider this
    > > option, be aware that you better trust the person or you can get
    > > burned.
    >
    > I believe you can transfer financial liability for a plan to another
    > person. Basically what the OP wants to do. I believe this used
    > to circumvent the credit check and activation fees.
    >
    > -Quick

    You used to be able to, but as far as I know, since Jan 1st of this year,
    you no longer could. They won't even allow a name change (unless you have a
    legal document showing a legal name change). They do however allow an
    address change (good thing in case you move!:)

    "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message

    > "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Peter Pan wrote:
    > > > "Michael Narciso" <mnarciso@mnjdesigns.com> wrote in message

    > > > The ETF (Early Termination Fee) is usually $175. However, you may
    > > > want to consider an alternative, if someone you trust is looking. For
    > > > me it was a friend of mine that was getting divorced and wanted a
    > > > number of his own since he had to leave his house, but his credit was
    > > > so bad from the divorce mess, and verizon getting very strict on good
    > > > credit, he couldn't get a phone on his own. Be aware that you will be
    > > > contractually laible for someone else, so if you consider this
    > > > option, be aware that you better trust the person or you can get
    > > > burned.
    > >
    > > I believe you can transfer financial liability for a plan to another
    > > person. Basically what the OP wants to do. I believe this used
    > > to circumvent the credit check and activation fees.
    > >
    > > -Quick
    > >

    > You used to be able to, but as far as I know, since Jan 1st of this year,
    > you no longer could. They won't even allow a name change (unless you have
    > legal document showing a legal name change). They do however allow an
    > address change (good thing in case you move!:)

    I transferred an account from my name to my wife's this summer. No hassle,
    just one form to fill out and it's done. Call CS and they'll send you the
    form.

    "John Simpson" <jasimp@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

    For

    > > > I believe you can transfer financial liability for a plan to another
    > > > person. Basically what the OP wants to do. I believe this used
    > > > to circumvent the credit check and activation fees.
    > > >
    > > > -Quick
    > > >

    > > You used to be able to, but as far as I know, since Jan 1st of this
    year,
    > > you no longer could. They won't even allow a name change (unless you
    have
    > > legal document showing a legal name change). They do however allow an
    > > address change (good thing in case you move!:)
    > >

    > I transferred an account from my name to my wife's this summer. No hassle,
    > just one form to fill out and it's done. Call CS and they'll send you the
    > form.

    Yeah, it's called an assumption of liability form. You can also pick one up
    from a VZW store.

Verizon Internet Service Providers