New bunch of games being released

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
Q4 this year will see a lot of new games released, there are a few that I am relly excited about, what releases are you waiting for
Civ V, Fable 3, Hawx 2, MaxPayne 3, Crysis 2, Fallout: New Vegas, HL2-Episode 3, Medal of Honor(the new one), Duex Ex: Human Revolution, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fear 3, Doom 4

Forte125

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010

Totally. Bioshock was the best idea for a 'sequel'. We need more dev. teams to make games that use similar concepts but change a lot more than 'Better graphics' and 'bigger action'. Bioshock retained a lot of elements of System Shock II while still feeling original.

More related to the topic: That medal of honor reboot better not suck. I refuse to buy another CoD game...

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010

You're making sequels sound as if that's a bad thing.
See, the only reason we're anticipating these games is that we know what they offered in their previous iterations, so there is an air of high expectation as to what these will offer now.

If there were to be a completely new engine, a totally different game with a name that nobody's ever heard before, I doubt you'd be lining up the queue to buy that immedietaly. But in case of these games, you will, since you already have an inkling of what they're capable of.

I for one am a fan of a properly done sequel... or more. The trouble it companies seem to be pushing out crap lately.

I'm looking forward to games such as starcraft2, guildwars2 and the new diablo.

...however, if any new game uses the steam client then it gets an instant ignore from me. It is pretty sad when a game will not even install with over 20 hours of tinkering around to get it working.

I would play Civ V, but my gaming style with previous versions of Civ typically crashes the entire game eventually.

Meaning:
- Hundreds of cities (I think the max was only 512 cities in Civ III and Civ IV).
- Several thousand military units (I think I started having issues when my empire had over 6,000 units).