How to put 680x480 resolution in GTA 4

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
go to the config file either in the grand theft auto 4 folder in program files their should be one or in my doucments and you open it with notepad and scroll down and look to find something similar to startup resolution and put it to 640x480 i'll be for sure when i get the game myself

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Listen to me all you have to do is find a config file for that game and open in with notepad or some *** and its either found in program files gta IV somewhere (dont have game) or my documents games and Gta IV and then look through it and find something that says resolution but before you do anything with the config file make a copy of it incase you mess anything up

isamuelson

Distinguished

Do you know this from experience or are you just guessing?

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
well guessing for gta 4 but i've tweaked config files before for mass effect and rainbow six vegas 2 since i needed a couple of things turned off which icouldnt turn off on my crap computer

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
Guess what I found, if you right click on the game icon and go to Properties, if you have a Compatability tab in the box, click on it and in the middle of the compatability box is run in 640x480 mode, check it and then Apply,then OK, good to go