Sign in with
Your question

5.1 surround not working

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
September 8, 2010 7:02:44 PM

[Sry for reposting this... last thread got killed]

My 5.1 surround sound isnt working. Ill get sound from each speaker when testing but when i play audio, a game or a movie ill only get sound from one jack at a time [side, front, center/bass]. Im running Windows 7 64-bit, with a Maximus 3 Gene mobo. Ive done everything i come up with, latest drivers, bios ect. ive tinkered with windows sound settings still no solution sadly. I have read couple threads with a similar problem but they didnt work.

Feel free to ask anything, i tend to leave out details people need to know

Thanks in advance :D 

More about : surround working

a b $ Windows 7
September 8, 2010 9:00:55 PM

Does your soundcard support/play 5.1
September 9, 2010 6:38:10 AM

yup, it has the option to use 2.1 all the way to 7.1
Related resources
March 30, 2013 12:01:43 AM

dwnecrid said:
yup, it has the option to use 2.1 all the way to 7.1

I too am having the same problem, my guess si you're using the realtek audio ports?.
I hear people either
A) upgrading their audio cable such as rca or optical,
B) upgrading their sound cards.
I've been staying up late for the past 2 nights googling the hell out of this topic to get a straight answered even asked windows support and they don't know anything but the basics unless you pay for their support....
From what i understand is Win XP doesn't have this problem but mainly vista and 7...
If you find anything let me know please!
And ill do the same!.
March 30, 2013 10:13:07 PM

Ahh this is from my super old topic. I never was able to solve it sadly. It seemed like the onboard card was broke or something.
I went out and got a ht omega claro+ and that works perfectly now. Even though i upgraded my speakers and run a really good 2.1 now instead of a shitty 7.1 :p 
!