5.1 surround not working

dwnecrid

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
[Sry for reposting this... last thread got killed]

My 5.1 surround sound isnt working. Ill get sound from each speaker when testing but when i play audio, a game or a movie ill only get sound from one jack at a time [side, front, center/bass]. Im running Windows 7 64-bit, with a Maximus 3 Gene mobo. Ive done everything i come up with, latest drivers, bios ect. ive tinkered with windows sound settings still no solution sadly. I have read couple threads with a similar problem but they didnt work.

Feel free to ask anything, i tend to leave out details people need to know

Thanks in advance :D

mystilez

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

I too am having the same problem, my guess si you're using the realtek audio ports?.
I hear people either
A) upgrading their audio cable such as rca or optical,
B) upgrading their sound cards.
I've been staying up late for the past 2 nights googling the hell out of this topic to get a straight answered even asked windows support and they don't know anything but the basics unless you pay for their support....
From what i understand is Win XP doesn't have this problem but mainly vista and 7...
If you find anything let me know please!
And ill do the same!.

dwnecrid

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
Ahh this is from my super old topic. I never was able to solve it sadly. It seemed like the onboard card was broke or something.
I went out and got a ht omega claro+ and that works perfectly now. Even though i upgraded my speakers and run a really good 2.1 now instead of a shitty 7.1 :p