Sign in with
Your question

What kind of Power Supply will I need

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Power Supplies
Last response: in Motherboards
September 5, 2004 12:08:16 AM

Hey, I made a post a couple of days back and the replies helped a lot. Well, I've got another question now and I'm hopinh for some help

Like the title says, I'm wondering what type of power supply I'm going to need for my new system I'm building. Heres what I've decided on.

Proc : FX-53
MoBo : MSI K8N NEO2
Gfx card :XFX Ge Force 6800 GT(Doom 3 bundle)
RAM : OCZ PC 3200, 2 sticks of 512
Harddrive :60 GB Western digital 7200
DVD : MSI DR8P 8X8 DVD Dual Drive

Haven't chosen a heatsink/fan yet(Any suggestions for that incidentally?). Thats most probably going to be my set up. I've been told the graphics card needs a very hefty power supply, but I'm not sure what I'll need. Would 450 be enough? Any help appreciated.

More about : kind power supply

September 5, 2004 5:19:01 AM

Antec's TrueBlue 480 or equivalent - minimum.

========================
Try everything...
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not done!!!
September 5, 2004 5:19:03 AM

Antec's TrueBlue 480 or equivalent - minimum.

========================
Try everything...
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not done!!!
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
September 5, 2004 6:33:19 AM

What the last guy meant by "or equivalent" is the Fortron Source or Spakle Power FSP400 power supply :smile:

I'd go with their FSP530 version.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
September 5, 2004 9:20:28 AM

Hmm, that could be a problem over here. I hope they'll have power supplies that high. If not I'll have to order over the net which could end up costing me. Thanks for the replies, I'll probably go with a 530 one then. Thanks again.
September 25, 2004 11:32:10 PM

Good choice, you should get at least over 500Watt PSU becuase you might sudden power spikes that will royaly anal your computer if done enough times haha. If you wanted you could always order from like Tigerdirect.ca or something if you want to, dunno if that would be any cheaper.
goodluck

\\\//3// 7//3 31337 (0///3 |=0|2 J0/\ 83 |234|)j!!!1
September 26, 2004 2:19:11 AM

Get it <A HREF="http://www.dealsonic.com/fofs53dufana1.html" target="_new">here</A>. This is the only PSU I ever use and at $72 it is an absolute steal.

You've tried and failed. The lesson here is, never try again. -- Homer Simpson.
!