RFID/Mesh/Wireless....

Hi,

I'm looking to set up a small (outdoor) test setup whereby items tagged with
RFID set off an alarm if they leave the perimeter, to secure items within
our company.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to want this :)

Anybody got any pointers to websites/companies that have information on
this?
Also, with my limited technological knowledge, I'm thinking a mesh-network
might do the trick here....correct?

Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

thanks

Martin
1
answer
Last reply
More about rfid mesh wireless

    Airespace or one of their OEM's (Nortel, Alcatel, NEC)
    http://www.airespace.com

    "the_joker11" <the_joker11nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking to set up a small (outdoor) test setup whereby items tagged
    with
    > RFID set off an alarm if they leave the perimeter, to secure items within
    > our company.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to want this :)
    >
    > Anybody got any pointers to websites/companies that have information on
    > this?
    > Also, with my limited technological knowledge, I'm thinking a mesh-network
    > might do the trick here....correct?
    >
    > Any hints or tips would be appreciated.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Martin

Wireless Mesh Internet Wireless Networking