Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will this setup run Aion....Well?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 7, 2010 6:26:38 PM

Hi I'm buying a laptop..... and i found a really good deal on a lenovo y560, and was hoping it can still handle my gaming needs.particularly playing AIOn


Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Processor ( 1.60GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 1GB
4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz


Do you think this will work?

More about : setup run aion

June 7, 2010 7:06:32 PM

Recommended sys reqs:

Pentium Dual Core, AMD Athlon 64 X2; 2 GB RAM; GeForce 7600, Radeon HD 2600; Hard Drive 15GB; DirectX 9.0c(2008,6)

So yes, it will work.
m
0
l
June 8, 2010 2:41:04 PM

But expect it run like a dog when in the abyss doing a fort raid etc.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 8, 2010 3:06:16 PM

Captainhero said:
But expect it run like a dog when in the abyss doing a fort raid etc.

what would i need to be able to run fort raids,.... wut is your graphics card like?
m
0
l
June 8, 2010 7:00:57 PM

just lower the settings a bit so its not the highest and highest resloution maybe just put everything in high or some stuff in high and not ultra/very high
m
0
l
June 9, 2010 10:25:06 AM

I run an ati 5850 with max settings all the way, except for mass raids in the abyss, when u get a couple of hundred people onscreen fighting I dont think any card can handle atm, I just set everything to low at these times. There is also an F button (F11 or F12?) which will turn off the casting effects which also helps. This only really applies to mass raids tho attacking the forts, normal groupings and fighting etc it runs fine and yours should to. Clerics kick a$$ in pvp tho ;) 
m
0
l
June 10, 2010 12:06:43 AM

Ati 5850,huh?....wonder how much better that is compared to the 5730?....

Cant wait to start playing AION...already bought the game(got it for 20 bucks at Fry's, Yay Sales).....but have to wait for the laptop to come in
PS: probably make a cleric or sorcerer class for my main
m
0
l
June 13, 2010 2:46:28 AM

bloodcrane said:
Ati 5850,huh?....wonder how much better that is compared to the 5730?....

Cant wait to start playing AION...already bought the game(got it for 20 bucks at Fry's, Yay Sales).....but have to wait for the laptop to come in
PS: probably make a cleric or sorcerer class for my main


Captainhero said:
I run an ati 5850 with max settings all the way, except for mass raids in the abyss, when u get a couple of hundred people onscreen fighting I dont think any card can handle atm, I just set everything to low at these times. There is also an F button (F11 or F12?) which will turn off the casting effects which also helps. This only really applies to mass raids tho attacking the forts, normal groupings and fighting etc it runs fine and yours should to. Clerics kick a$$ in pvp tho ;) 

is that a desktop card youre using or the mobile version? because if it is the desktop version, it will be alot faster.
m
0
l
June 16, 2010 11:46:29 AM

I have a desktop card, didnt know they did a laptop version..
As for comparisons check here - http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/charts/2010-gaming-graphi...
Unfortunately desktops are the champs when it comes to pc gaming unless you spend a $hitload of cash on a gaming laptop. You cant upgrade the gfx in a laptop afaik..
m
0
l
June 16, 2010 7:51:55 PM

well theres the asus g73 with the 5870, which should be about a 5770 desktop, and its 1500
m
0
l
!