Chaintech 7NJSUltra and Athlon XP3200+ !Need Help!

Dracon400

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004
Hi,

I bought the Chaintech 7NJS Ultra 6 months ago and I was running an Athlon XP 2400+ on it in connection with 2 Infineon 512MB Modules (CL2, not in Dual-Channel-Mode).

2 days ago I bought an Athlon XP 3200+ and 2x 512MB Corsair Dual Channel Memory (inserted to work as Dual-Channel-Memory ... DDR1 and DDR3).
I managed to keep the system running shortly under Win2000 and WindowsXP which were still installed on my harddrives. But after trying to install again Win2000 and WinXP by booting with the Win2000/XP-CD, I got a bluescreen that told me to run CHKDSK.

I decided to put the Promise IDE controller into an upper PCI slot, because I thought there could be an IRQ conflict. After switching the PC on, there is no signal to the monitor, although I heared all the coolers starting, same as the harddisks and the DVD/CD player/burner. On the Cbox3 (Frontpanel with Cardreader and display) display is permanently shown FF (Boot-attempt) !!!..., but nothing boots ... I don't hear the normal speaker sound (1 beep). The screen remains black. What can I do? I removed everything but the graphic-card, but still no reaction. I also changed the RAM-slots among the RAM-modules ... nothing.
Clear CMOS ... I tried it 1000times ... nothing changed. May there be a motherboard mailfunction?

Here is my System information:

Chaintech 7NJS Ultra (Bios 15/09/2003)
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
2x 512MB Corsair TWINX1024-3200XL (Dual Channel)
Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
Promise 133TX2 Ultra IDE Controller
SB Live
3com 10/100Mbit network-card
Firewire-card (Chaintech)

I would really appreciate your help ... I am hopeless...

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Dracon400 on 09/08/04 07:42 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Dracon400

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004
Unfortunenately I have already sold the CPU and the RAM ...
so I can't test if the mainboard, cpu or the ram is the cause.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Did you try booting with just 1 RAM module?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It could be several things, even a power supply that can't keep up with the increased load. Some motherboards have a jumper override that allows you to set the bus speed lower, this is handy for diagnosing problems.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>