Wireless Problem - - Netgear WGR-614 - - No Wireless Access!

I have had quite a few problems getting my Netgear to connect with my D-Link
router. However thanks to soem help I now have a connection.

The problem is it only works with a cable connection. Not exactly what I had
in mind!

These are the symptoms:-

1). When the Netgear is powered up the 'test led' lights green flashes and
then stays on as orange. Is this an error or is it normal? Wired access
works OK. The manual says that the test lighht should come on for ten
seconds and then go off.

2). The 'wireless led' does not come on and there is no wireless available.

(I have enabled wireless and turned off all security for the purposes of
testing).

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Otherwise I think that this must be a hardware fault.

Cliff

First of all, if your D-Link router is a wired only router, then your
Netgea rWGR614 wireless router can only connect to it via an ethernet
cable making it an access point. If you're trying to connect to a
D-Link wireless router wirelessly using your WGR614, make sure the
D-Link has bridging capabilities. In reference to the LEDs, if the
symbol that resembles the Russian symbol on the WGR614 is orange, that
is normal. It is the activity light. When you enabled the wireless
feature on the WGR614, did you click on APPLY at the bottom of the
screen? Also, being that you have the WGR614 connected to the D-LINK
with an ethernet cable, disable the DHCP on the WGR614 and let the
D-Link provide an IP address for you. Speaking of IP addresses, what
IP address are you receiving? Anyway, if you've already tried my
suggestions, I apologize. As a last resort, reset the WGR614 to it
default settings. In the meantime, you might want to disconnect the
D-Link and connect your WGR614 to your internet access device and see
whether or not you can wirelessly connect. Just some suggestions. I
hope they help. Take care.

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:32:21 +0000 (UTC), "Cliff"
<cliffj_green_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Thanks,
The D-Link is a wired device and it is connected with a network cable. It
has an IP address of 192.168.0.1 and allows DHCP in the range 192.168.0.2 to
20.I have set the Netgear to 192.168.1.1 and left DHCP enabled with the
range 192.168.1.2 to 10. When I connect a wired PC to either device they
both work and can access the internet OK.

When I switch DHCP off then teh status light changes from orange to green -
so I dont know what this means.
I tried turning wireless off, clicking apply and then turning wireless on
and apply - but that light just wont come on.

Cliff