Apple Readying External Trackpad for Desktops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I need a wireless computer for home use. ++

Plus, Can I get a wireless CPU? latest version? anybody

Gee 1!!

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
I thought the only reason they use trackpads on laptops is because you can't put a mouse inside a laptop.
I think everyone agrees mouses are easier to use, more natural, and here's the killer: GAMES.

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
I'm rich! At least I will be once I sue Apple.

I've already patented the useless, rectangularish-shaped, brownish, paper-based, wireless device for the computer.

I'll soon be rolling in the money. Does cold hard cash give papercuts when you roll in it?

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]sabot00[/nom]I thought the only reason they use trackpads on laptops is because you can't put a mouse inside a laptop.I think everyone agrees mouses are easier to use, more natural, and here's the killer: GAMES.[/citation]

Yeah no kidding. I can't stand track pads, I always plug a wired or wireless mouse into a laptop if I have the chance. Why in the world would I want a track pad for a desktop?

johnb4467

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2008
I actually far prefer a trackpad for many activities, especially with the gestures of the macbooks/pros. Reading a PDF, for instance, is much more fluid, as you just swipe three fingers down to go to the next page. Yes, I KNOW there is a page-down button, but it feels much more fluid on the trackpad (you down have to go searching for the button, etc...all the controls are on the same surface). I've actually been looking forward to a product like this for a while.
Just for reference...I [mainly] don't use either a trackpad OR a mouse -- I use a wacom tablet. Much more intuitive (and easier on the hands) than either, except [like I said] for reading PDF's, scrolling webpages, etc -- trackpad is lightyears ahead on convenience there.

jaysbob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
[citation][nom]datawrecker[/nom]Is that the new iCardboard??? Hope it goes for under $500.[/citation]

it's the most user-friendly cardboard square to date!

G

Multiple-touch for desktop. This is designed to be used with a mouse not replacing a mouse. I wan pinch and zoom and other cool features that u can't do on a magic mouse. Then I will use my MX revolution for games. Simple. Yes please

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Not sure of the purpose of this device. Wacom makes an external tablet for photo editing and what not but this doesn't seem large enough to fit the bill and there is no mention of pressure sensitivity. I've never once though "Gee I wish I could get that annoying trackpad for my desktop."

Maybe I'm wrong though. Hard to tell dimensions of an image without a reference so it may very well be large enough to be an external digitizer for artists and what not. It may also be pressure sensitive. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
The iCardboard Magical iTouchpad will revolutionize computing as we know it. You are looking at the iFuture, my friend. No other device that anyone can come up with will iNfluence your life like this will. it is iNcredible.

[citation][nom]johnb4467[/nom](you down have to go searching for the button, etc...all the controls are on the same surface)[/citation]
So, for those of us who know how to type and where all the buttons are...and, by the way, all the keys on your keyboard are located on the same surface: the keyboard.

:p

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]sabot00[/nom]I thought the only reason they use trackpads on laptops is because you can't put a mouse inside a laptop.I think everyone agrees mouses are easier to use, more natural, and here's the killer: GAMES.[/citation]

Not if it supported multi-touch and had a high resolution. this would be much better for drawing programs on computers than a mouse. And as for your comment on games, those things dont work on Macs, remember XD

G-Systems

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010

I'm sure Apple isn't trying to compete with the mouse with this (if they develop it for mass market)... It's kind of like their idea re: the iPad. It's not there to replace the laptop--but to accompany it. This pad is for handwriting transfer and zoom/selection functions... That's all... It literally CAN NOT replace the mouse for the same reason you just gave... Unless, of course, it will allow you to just use your hand in the motion of a mouse--then it is. But, people like Logitech will fight tooth and nail to not have the mouse replaced...

Interesting story...although it's just speculation...

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]datawrecker[/nom]Is that the new iCardboard??? Hope it goes for under $500.[/citation]
too true, tho it would be called the iCard, because the word after the 'i' can never be longer 5characters (eg. phone,pad)

brianmoz

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
yeah guys apple is s stupid for integrating all these things. lets complain about i and pretend we are smarter than steve jobs

G-Systems

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]brianmoz[/nom]yeah guys apple is s stupid for integrating all these things. lets complain about i and pretend we are smarter than steve jobs[/citation]

The only people with a "warranted" complain are those who buy Apple products and are displeased with its function. Such as in my case where I buy Microsoft products and am so displeased with ActiveSync's (Microsoft) inability to sync my contacts, calendar events, and tasks from Windows Live Mail (Microsoft) to my Windows Mobile 6.1 phone (Microsoft)...this is why I'm moving my mobile needs to Android.

I still love Windows 7, and might find Windows Phone 7 appealing, but if I don't, I'm not somehow now unable to use Windows 7.

I think that many people on here complain about Apple because of the implication of cultish behavior. You need iTunes for the iPod...(unless you're a little more programming savvy and don't mind breaking a license writing a superior product). The fact that you're locked in makes things a bit disconcerting for people.

In my opinion...use what makes you happy.

This device seems forward thinking...I just wonder what it may actually be and how it'll fit into the desktop ecosystem...

Status
Not open for further replies.