Sign in with
Your question

which 754 board?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 10, 2004 2:31:42 PM

Was wondering what a good sugestion for a stable non oc board for gaming would be, atm im looking at the asrock board. Does anyone have suggestions?

More about : 754 board

September 11, 2004 2:32:09 AM

Do you mean the one with the Ali chipset, or the Sis chipset?
Either way you should go nforce3 250 for performance and stabiltiy. Chaintech makes two flavors. One is inexpensive.
Personally I went with the Asus K8N-E Deluxe.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2004 7:15:23 AM

Asrock has a nice SiS 755 board which also has the benefit of being inexpensive.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
September 12, 2004 1:14:56 AM

i was talking about the one with the sis 755 chip set, ive heard lots about the board from asrock from people that have bought it.
September 12, 2004 2:06:51 AM

Cant you get the Athlon64 in socket 939 now (at the same price and the S754 version)? If so wouldnt it be better to get a socket 939 board, would give you more choice for future upgrades.
September 12, 2004 2:24:20 AM

Unfortunately 939 is a considerable price jump, especially for the CPU. Even the motherboards are more. The 939 is a better choice, but not sure the price jump would be justified.

So far in all the years I have been building computers I have only managed to re-use a motherboard once, and this was really only becuase I got a killer deal (So good I actually upgraded from a 1.2 to 1.3 Athlon, small jump, but like I said good deal). Every other upgrade has always included a new motherboard, generally there is always some new feature out that I want, or have to buy a new one for a faster FSB, etc.

Nothing is certain, by the time he wants to upgrade, who says 939 will still be out. So far it seems AMD will be sticking to it, but that could always change.

My Desktop: <A HREF="http://Mr5oh.tripod.com/pc.html" target="_new">http://Mr5oh.tripod.com/pc.html&lt;/A>
a b V Motherboard
September 12, 2004 2:36:46 AM

I suggest you buy it before someone tries to talk you out of it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
September 12, 2004 6:31:53 AM

And I suggest he buy it, if he can find it. Where did they go? No-one has them anymore.
a b V Motherboard
September 12, 2004 6:53:25 AM

Axion has them

September 12, 2004 7:00:46 AM

ABIT kv8 Pro is heading towards my house in 2 weeks.

It has all the features I could figure on wanting.
its 105 dollars retail box (need that shiz) delivered.
Lil pricey compared to some 60-70 dollar boards, but the a64 chip is very inexpensive for its performance.
a b V Motherboard
September 12, 2004 7:11:49 AM

Yes, kind of pricey compared to boards with the superior 755 chipset.

September 15, 2004 2:06:02 PM

thx for the info.
!