PROLIANT DL360 G3 UNDERCLOCKING

I have recently bought 3 DL360 G3's each with single 3.06GHZ XEON
Processors. I was wondering whether it was possible to change the cpu
to maybe a 1.8GHZ. Or is it possible to underclock the current cpu to
anything below 2.0GHZ?

Modern Intel CPUs are clock-locked to operate at a given clock multiplier. I
would imagine that the front-side bus speed of the DL360 cannot be changed
either via BIOS or jumpers, so underclocking is not possible. Check the
operating voltages of the 3.06GHz and slower Xeon processors on the Intel web
site. This will enable you to determine the slowest CPU possible... Ben Myers