jp03hplayer

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
Hey Im wondering, will i need two pci-e slots to run 2 vid cards in an SLI setup, if so, will the nforce 4 have 2 pci-e slots? And if it only has one slot, whats the point of waiting for pci-e if i can't run two cards in sli

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
will i need two pci-e slots to run 2 vid cards in an SLI setup
Yes.
will the nforce 4 have 2 pci-e slots?
There will be four variations: crap, enthusiast, SLI, Pro (SMP, possible SLI). So yes...but for a premium.
And if it only has one slot, whats the point of waiting for pci-e if i can't run two cards in sli
PCI-E will be used for more than just graphics. In addition, it's full duplex, which has proven somewhat-to-very useful for nVidia's video processor. PCI-E will also be the first format that ATi and nVidia will release their future cards. So if you want the best first, PCI-E is necessary. PCI-E can also supply a lot more power (especially in the upcoming 150W Pro version), which gets rid of the need for an extra power connector on some cards.

PCI-E isn't just AGP that has twice the bandwidth...(well, it *theoretically* has quadruple, but w/e)

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
Jeeze, we just got Nforce3...

<font color=blue>AthlonXP-M 2500+(12x200)</font color=blue>|<font color=green>Abit NF7-S</font color=green>|<font color=red>Kingston DDR400 2x256Mb</font color=red>|<font color=orange>NEC Accucync90 19"</font color=orange>|<font color=black>Sapphire 9600XT</font color=black>