Abit NF7-S compatible with AGP 2X?

agent

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2002
I was looking at getting a cheap Matrox G200 card since my GE Force 2 ti just gave out but it is only AGP 2X. Will that work with my Abit board? Thanks.

Always remember, you are unique...just like everyone else. :wink:

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Nope, don't think so. IIRC I tried with one of my nForce mobo's - a big no go

Mobile XP 2600+ (11X200)
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
BBA 9800 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
It supports 2x, I had a 1x/2x AGP card, and I could run it at both. The card was a Xpert Play 3000 if that tells you anything.

<font color=blue>AthlonXP-M 2500+(12x200)</font color=blue>|<font color=green>Abit NF7-S</font color=green>|<font color=red>Kingston DDR400 2x256Mb</font color=red>|<font color=purple>NEC Accucync90 19"</font color=purple>|<font color=black>Sapphire 9600XT</font color=black>

endyen

Splendid
I believe your mobo is 1.5v agp. If you check, the matrox card is 3.3v. It will not work. For that matter, it probably wont even fit in the agp slot.
IIRC, the G400 was the transition card. Some would work some wouldn't.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That's correct, 1.5v and 3.3v used different key positions. Cards that supported both were sloted for both keys. There were a few nVidia cards that were officially 2x/4x but didn't support 1.5v because the cardmaker wanted to save some money, but that wouldn't affect anything newer than the GeForce2 for nVidia, nor would it affect ATI or Matrox cards.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The good news is that if it doesn't work, it also won't fit. I'll look it up to see if it's dual-keyed.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=294" target="_new">This Review</A> shows that it's single keyed for 3.3v slots only. It won't even fit into newer boards that have the 1.5v key slot.