Logi MouseMan Wheel (Optical) and its buttons

Homicida

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well..i have used logitech mice ever since i had a computer and never had a problem...
but there is one with my Logitech MouseMan Wheel optical...
(the blue thing with 3 buttons and pressable wheel)

when i press a button and hold it and then press another one it is like i let go the first one...

this can be very stupid while playing unreal tournament or other shooters because fire stops when pressing another button
in ut it can also be deadly because i let go my rockets while pressing jump button

i have tried the mouse on usb and ps2
tried to dissable the mouse driver (em_exec.exe)
allways the same...
I am using win2k sp1 and the driver version shiped with the mouse because there is no newer version available for download and older version dont support the mouse
i can only think of beeing problem with mouse itself or maybe with directX 8

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I thought some mice were like that, but I could very well be wrong.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

Homicida

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well i have had 3 or 4 logitech mice (there are ALL still working and i am using 2 of them) not a single one ever did such a thing

if it would work like this it would be something like a absolute stupid product...why should one button ever effect another one??

it would be like the mouse stops moving left if u begin to move it up at the same time

or your keyboard does only take one keypress at a time...
nobody could ever play a game again...

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Perhaps your unit is defective? Try consulting the Logitech tech support. We all patronage of Logitech had good time with their tech support.

------------------
This site is cool.

Homicida

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well...after finding my original mouseware cdrom i have noticed that the version i was using (9.26) was NOT the original...but a neweer version i had downloaded...
with the original 9.1 it is now working well again...

because the driver does not seem to be still available on the logi homepage and the missing of my cdrom i did not think that i had updated the driver...simple because there only seemed to be one version