Socrstud16

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2002
Hey everyone,
I am trying to setup my first wireless network for my family at the house and I was wondering if there are any guides out there to help me along in the process. The parts I have is a Linksys 802.11b Wireless Router, Linksys 10/100 LAN card, and a Belkin 802.11b Wireless PC Card. I am building a new computer and I am wanting to hook that one up to the router directly by cable and hook the older(333 Celeron) upstairs to the wireless for internet and Email. I want the new computer to do everything like download things from the internet and online gaming. Should this setup work will you be able to see a noticable speed difference with two computers hooked up at the same time. Thanks for all of your help. I'm sure this is an elementary subject but I am new to the networking world! Thanks again for all of your input.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
how do you have the network hooked up? is the wireless gateway hooked up to a router? i dont know for sure but i think the wireless routers are only wireless, i dont know if they have a wired connection. i would hope they do.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
if it's <A HREF="http://www.linksys.com/Products/product.asp?grid=23&prid=173" target="_new"><font color=red>this model</font color=red></A> you're in business. Everything you want to do will work.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>